Legal Question..

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jimdaddy, Jul 20, 2009.

1. jimdaddy

jimdaddy

Just wanted input....I am very laid back and am not into complaining and what have you but this situation really got under my skin and I wanted to get other opinions/ideas.

#31     Jul 22, 2009
  2. Surdo

Surdo

Find a good scumbag labor lawyer, and get one free consultation, if he thinks you have a case, hire him, you might get some "funny money"out of Merrill, they pay people to go away!

good luck!

el surdo

#32     Jul 22, 2009
  3. Based on the pattern here, and probable use of another alias (sorry, several of us didn't buy it).

You left a previous gig? You left out this out before. You sounded like you went from unemployed to this firm.

You sound you had a previous felony or were involved in one, and left that detail out from the hiring company. Financial ervice company do background checks on criminal and financials. I worked for some of them. I do not believe they did not do the same for you, UNLESS this was a contract/consulting gig.

I no longer consider this story credible. You story has too many holes in it. Sounds like you tried to conceal something, and they found it out and canned your butt.

And no lawyer will take your case, without a sizable up front - $1000s likely. This is not a pro bono or on an contingency kind of suit.

Don't bother responding, I am putting both of you on ignore

Others would be advised to do the same. This person is being deceptive in his posts here.

#33     Jul 22, 2009
  4. sjfan

sjfan

And a real lawyer will tell that what happened to you is not "legally negligence" and "emotional distress" is not an actionable cause (it's a damage that requires an actionable cause to be... well, actionable).

#34     Jul 22, 2009
  5. jimdaddy

jimdaddy

I NEVER leave my record out....I learned that years ago... and since it happened so long ago most places don't mind.

#35     Jul 22, 2009
  6. sjfan

sjfan

This guy has bricks for brains; most places aren't financial institutions with regulatory mandates. What a joke.

Mod: shouldn't this thread be in chit-chat? It has zero bearing on "career trader" since this guy doesn't (and can't) have an actual career in finance and he doesn't appear to be much of a trader of any sort - just a lawsuit-happy jerk who got canned for his felony conviction 11 years ago

#36     Jul 22, 2009
  7. jimdaddy

jimdaddy

@$$hole.....see the LAST LINE OF MY ORIGINAL POST..... I left a gig for Merrill... READING my friend is fundamental...

#37     Jul 22, 2009
  8. jimdaddy

jimdaddy

And, I was hired directly by HR at Merrill.. Get your head from under whatever rock you are at.. Things like this do happen to people... and I am old enough to know better than to try to conceal a conviction.. This is not my first job kid..I was hoping however that it would be my last..

#38     Jul 22, 2009
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Dude:

Ignore that troll, he is not worth the bandwidth, in fact stop posting the details of your case here, you lessen the chances of having a case vs. ML.

#39     Jul 22, 2009
  10. jimdaddy

jimdaddy

True..
    Thanks

#40     Jul 22, 2009