Legal Question Regarding Trading Other People's Money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by feng456, Jul 18, 2011.

1. feng456

feng456

no...?

#51     Jul 19, 2011
  2. If you really care and are really good you should be eating Raman twice a day while you grow your account.

#52     Jul 19, 2011
  3. Bright Trading. One of the few legit shops around.

#53     Jul 19, 2011
  4. jem

jem

no one is taking you too seriously because if you really are smart enough to trade profitably, you would find a way to fund you expenses outside your account.

if you are in the states... there are such things as jobs...

It might require working nights or weekends. But, having a job would also take the pressure off your trading.

you might realize its a good idea to take time off etc.

#54     Jul 19, 2011
  5. danielc1

danielc1

O MY GOD:eek: I hope that of all the advice the OP has had, he does not take this one...

#55     Jul 19, 2011
  6. Actually it makes complete logical sense..

** Lever the levered leverage.. **

And worst case, you're out 20k + interest.

* Not that I'd recommend this though.

#56     Jul 19, 2011

7. Laugh all you want but its that's the only way he can make any real money given his account size without getting hired or trading OPM.

#57     Jul 20, 2011
  8. feng456

feng456

And who is going to lend to a 23 year old with no assets and no "real" job?

Credit cards charge 20% monthly interest...i can't outperform that.

#58     Jul 20, 2011
  9. danielc1

danielc1

I'm not laughing... The advice you have given is very dangerous for his financial health...

OP: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY RIGHT NOW, THEN YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT MIND SET TO TRADE ANYHOW.

Getting a grub stake that you can aford to lose is a one of the many things that needs to be done to be a profitable trader. You can get your grub stake with saving and working at a job or by building your own business. Or both... Not by lending money...

Once you have been proven to be succesfull with your own money. In other words, you can support yourself, debt free. Then you can think about lending money to increase your stake or trade OPM. It's all just common sence...

#59     Jul 20, 2011
  10. I think that anyone who wants to start managing OPM for living should overcome a very frustrating period, since probably no one would give him money to manage without at least a proven track record and even if there is such a track record -- there may be many other reasons why not to give money (too young, inexperienced, didn't handle large amounts, possible fraud, etc.). And I don't refer specifically to fang but to anyone who wants to establish a hedge fund or trading operation and concentrating in any investing strategy (whether it's daily trading, long-term investing, etc.).

It really seems to be a catch-22, but in fact there are many hedge fund managers who handle OPM and not all of them are 20 years veterans in the industry with proven track records. So how do these peope yet manage to raise money? Is it connected to their very unique skills? Is it due to their contacts with the right people in the right places? And if you say that OPM is just a big headache (as opposed to invest with one's own money or with a loan) -- why do these people do this at all? I'll be happy to read some thoughts.

#60     Jul 20, 2011