Legal Question Regarding Trading Other People's Money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by feng456, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Feng, you act like a an immature dreamer on cloud 9 . No one is going to loan you any money unless you want to take a personal loan out on your car at very high interest rates. Due to your obvious inexperience trading and lack of a proven track record, you have no basis for offering to manage other people's money(especially your friends and family). Did you know that if you lose their money in a reckless way, they can sue you in a court of law?, .....and in comes the state attorney's office with serious charges of gross negligence, operating under false pretenses, etc. We're talking about at least 7 yrs in federal prison.

You need to wake up and get a regular job, you are not cut out for trading, sorry.

#21     Jul 18, 2011
  2. You're 23. You have time on your side. No need to rush.

Trade on a simulator while you work on, and in a regular job. Build a career. Ideally finance related.

As time passes, and *if* you are still profitable on the simulator, you'll eventually have sufficient funds to trade on your own.

#22     Jul 19, 2011
  3. feng456

feng456

I've been live profitable for 2 years...no sim bs.

Can anybody recommend a prop firm for me that doesnt require 20k deposit?

Also I'm rubbish in school so that path is dead.

#23     Jul 19, 2011
  4. volente_00

volente_00

don't you trade ES ?

Why do you need 20k to do that ?

#24     Jul 19, 2011
  5. feng456

feng456

someone recommended Don Bright and they require 20k deposit...

#25     Jul 19, 2011
  6. IF...you can prove your positive returns for the time you've traded live(certified by a CPA) then it should be a no brainer for you post an ad in a local business newspaper/magazine(in your town or state) saying that you are looking for a financial partner/investor to finance your trading operation as an LLC.

You are both partners with the investor taking the majority of profits bcuz he is taking the monetary risk, and you could get 25-45% depending on your performance..

#26     Jul 19, 2011
  7. achilles28

achilles28

How many trades were made in the past 2 years? What's the annualized return?

#27     Jul 19, 2011
  8. feng456

feng456

I have all the account statements since the beginning.

Total number of trades I really dont know but I have all account statements so if someone wanted to count they could.

Annual returns BEFORE living expenses but after commissions (no taxes were paid) are 10% year 1 and 20% year 2 and that's after losing most of my account in the first few months of learning.

#28     Jul 19, 2011
  9. achilles28

achilles28

How do you trade, generally? Technicals? Fundamentals? Price action? How many trades do you make, per day? Per week? etc?

#29     Jul 19, 2011
  10. feng456

feng456

how is this relevant or answer my original question about prop firms?

#30     Jul 19, 2011