"Leg the Spread"--Anyone Read It?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Opra, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Opra

Opra

Written by a clerk/journallist, presumably non-fiction, it is nevertheless very interesting read. Vivid despcriptions of life in the pits, colorful anecdotes, keen observation and pockets of insightful analysis on trading psychology. Interesing maybe because of the fact that the author found out that she would not make it.

Hope to hear comments from traders who have "been there, done that."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...002-6413628-1799230?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

2. I skimmed through it and thought it was one of the crappiest books ever written. What the hell does that stupid girl actually do at the exchange other then whine and hide in the corners? The whole book is a bunch of unverifiable stories about what goes on at the exchanges. All the characters are admittedly fake, she could have made the whole book up for all we know.

3. Opra

Opra

That's what I thought, but the book title is kind of misleading ("A Woman's Adventures...") in that there is little of her personal experience--I mean, putting on a lot in Globex and seeing it tick up and down can hardly be called adventure, but an abundance of other women's travails in the pit.

BTW, what is interesting to me is a glimpse of what it takes to be a (pit) trader, not women's experiences. Maybe it's a distorted glimpse.

Will check out Ritchie's book. Thanks for the link.

4. Cari Lynn, the author, wanted to marry a trader. She didn't want to become one. Besides, former journalists always make for losing traders.

5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

ritchies book (i have it) is ok. there are a few chapters about trading, and the stuff there is quite insightful.

most of the book however is an auto-biography about ritchies 'battles' with his almost fundamentalist christian upbringing, and how he comes to terms and views christianity.

its still an enjoyable read.