Leftard Californians - American flag too aggressive

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LacesOut, Apr 14, 2019.

1. LacesOut

LacesOut

I fucking hate these people.
    The worst of the worst.
    Wish they would all step on land mines.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow...police-cars-american-flag-20190413-story.html

Putting American flags on police cars sparks backlash in Laguna Beach
    By Faith E. Pinho
    [​IMG]
    New American flag design on Laguna Beach police cars have stirred discussion about whether the new theme properly reflects the community. The City Council on Tuesday will consider whether to move forward with the designs or change them. (Laguna Beach Police Department/Twitter page)

A decision to affix an American flag graphic to the side of freshly painted Laguna Beach police cars is dividing residents who are alternately praising the image as patriotic or panning it as too aggressive.

After hearing the criticism and acknowledging that the image they approved didn’t quite match the final results, officials agreed to reconsider their February decision to paint the Laguna Beach Police Department’s fleet of 11 squad cars. The City Council will take up the issue again at its Tuesday meeting.

“People are screaming that the American flag on a police car is somehow or another ... hurting people’s feelings who might be immigrants or visitors,” said Councilman Peter Blake. “People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them.”

Artist Carrie Woodburn went to the podium at the March 19 council meeting and said it was “shocking to see the boldness of the design” when the newly painted Ford Explorers rolled out.

“We have such an amazing community of artists here, and I thought the aesthetic didn’t really represent our community,” Woodburn said. “It feels very aggressive.”

Attorney Jennifer Welsh Zeiter said at the last council meeting that she found the police cars “exceptional” and questioned the loyalty of anyone who objected to the American flag display.

“They are so filled with hatred toward this ... office of the president of the United States and the current occupant of that office, that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression,” she said.

The council agreed in February to repaint its all-white squad cars in black and white with the image of Old Glory running through the word “police” on the doors.

But the graphic element of the paint job didn't scream “Laguna Beach” to everyone. Local designer Chris Prelitz was dining with his wife at the Montage hotel when he spotted several parents and small children scattering.

“There was like a little panic going on, and I was like, ‘What’s happening?’” Prelitz said. The hubbub, he discovered, was over a cluster of police cars that had arrived at the scene. “When one of them’s there, it works. But all of a sudden, I saw, wow, when there are three, maybe four of them together, folks thought it was a SWAT team, federal agents. So it had a very striking, strong impact, so much so that I think there might be some unintended consequences.”

Laguna Beach Police Cpl. Ryan Hotchkiss, president of the Laguna Beach Police Employees Assn., said he had received only positive feedback.

“Every time I came to a stop sign, every time I came to a red light, somebody is telling me the car looks great,” Hotchkiss said at the March meeting. “Every one of our members that drives the car loves it, and we look forward to keeping them the way they are.”

On Tuesday the council will decide whether to continue with the logo or choose an alternative. The cars, however, will remain black and white, City Manager John Pietig said.

The proposed graphic that the council unanimously approved in February was a more muted version of the design that now appears on the cars, according to a city staff report. In February, Pietig called the proposed designs a “cloud-like look.”

He said two weeks ago that the council would reconsider the logo “out of an abundance of caution to address questions that have been raised about the process.”

Of the Police Department’s 11 vehicles, seven have the updated design, police Sgt. Jim Cota said in a text message.

Police Chief Laura Farinella said at the Feb. 19 meeting that black and white is more visible and distinguishes police squad cars from other security vehicles.

“This is about safety. I want anybody to see it, period,” Mayor Pro Tem Steve Dicterow said at the February meeting.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  2. elderado

elderado

Absolutely ridiculous. This is pretty much a flat out lie: "But the graphic element of the paint job didn't scream “Laguna Beach” to everyone. Local designer Chris Prelitz was dining with his wife at the Montage hotel when he spotted several parents and small children scattering."

Anyone ever checked exactly where the Montage is? And how much it costs to stay there?

No illegals would be casually strolling by....

Unreal.

Trump 2020 and CaptainObvious like this.
  3. This is America. Symbol of our country. If you don't like it, TOUGH!

Anybody who doesn't is free to pack up and leave!

Trump 2020, Wallet, LS1Z28 and 3 others like this.
  4. I am pretty sure that a compromise could easily be reached.

Just agree to put the Mexican flag on the police cars. There. Problem solved, all the lefties are satisfied.

Yeh, and if that works so swell for ya, call a goddam Taco Truck the next time your house is being robbed and your dog being raped.

Oh, and did y'all notice that one of the police vehicles in that picture is white?
    Just sayin. A lot of messaging going on there.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. I agree with them. A better symbol to represent Laguna Beach would be a $ sign, or if we are to be welcoming to illegals maybe a few Mexicans with leaf blowers. Can there be any doubt, any doubt at all that leftists reach new levels of abject stupidity on a daily basis. When this is all that's left to complain about one could easily argue that all real problems have been solved. No wonder congress doesn't do anything. There's nothing left to do.

Trump 2020 and LacesOut like this.
  6. Of course the libs hate the flag on the Police vehicles. They hate America too.

Nothing to see here. Just another typical day for the left

7. DTB2

DTB2

This is getting FUKKING ridiculous with these people. I wonder how they feel when the cruiser pulls up after they call 911?

elderado likes this.
  8. What about ice cream trucks around town that say ICE CREAM on the sides in big letters?

If you come from white privilege you don't realize how offensive and triggering it is when a vehicle shows up in your neighborhood that says ICE on the side.

Yeh, now that I am getting woke I see all sorts of injustices that I never even noticed.

DTB2, CaptainObvious and elderado like this.
  9. More moronic flag waving nationlistic hysteria from the goose stepping right.

Tony Stark and exGOPer like this.
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

ITT: Con circlejerk

#10     Apr 14, 2019
    exGOPer and futurecurrents like this.