Left & Right Polls Agree: Obama Is Flubbing It

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Jul 26, 2011.

1. rc8222

rc8222

2. pspr

pspr

He's out of his league, over his head, running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Everyone sees this playing out.

3. Ricter

Ricter

"As the debt ceiling debate drags on, a new CNN/ORC International Poll reveals a growing public exasperation and demand for compromise. Sixty-four percent of respondents to a July 18-20 survey preferred a deal with a mix of spending cuts and tax increases. Only 34% preferred a debt reduction plan based solely on spending reductions.

As in Congress, the public is sharply divided along partisan lines. Democrats and independents, according to the CNN/ORC Poll, are open to a number of different approaches because they think a failure to raise the debt ceiling would cause a major crisis for the country. Republicans, however, draw the line at tax increases, and a narrow majority of them oppose raising the debt ceiling under any circumstances.

Fifty-two percent of Americans think Obama has acted responsibly in the debt ceiling talks so far, but nearly two-thirds say the Republicans in Congress have not acted responsibly. Fifty-one percent would blame the GOP if the debt ceiling is not raised; only three in 10 would blame Obama."

4. They always fail to mention that no matter how low Obama polls the GOP polls lower :cool:

5. I'm a leftist and I agree Obama is flubbing it,but unless another democrat takes his place on the democratic ticket I'm still voting for him .Millions of other democrats will vote for him as well regardless of how pissed they are because they know the GOP candidate will be much worse

6. Mercor

Mercor

I believe you said your second choice is Sen. Ron Paul.

You don't even know what the term leftist means.
    You have no political principles if you put Obama first and Ron Paul second.

7. bone

bone

Bernie Sanders wants in.

While he would thrill the editorial staff for Nation magazine, I don't sense a groundswell of support.

Hillary !

[​IMG]

8. I would actually vote for Pual over Obama but don't think he has a snowballs chance in hell to get the nomination

9. Dems would love for Sanders,Dean or Fiengold to replace Obama

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well...everyone but Ricter, AK 47, Gabby and Tinker Bell.

#10     Jul 26, 2011