Lee Iacocca Calls BULLSHIT On America's "Leaders"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gnome, Feb 12, 2008.

1. How do you bankrupt something that is already bankrupt?

#51     Feb 13, 2008
  2. Gnome for President!!!

#52     Feb 13, 2008
  3. Lee says good stuff, obvious, logical, and unfortunately disregarded by the media.

Let's be sure to focus on baseball and steroids, the important stuff.

c

#53     Feb 13, 2008
  4. Good thread. There's some fine readin' here.

#54     Feb 13, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Oh HELL NO, not me... Find us the next Andrew Jackson.. that would do just fine.

#55     Feb 13, 2008
  6. You're making the incorrect assumption that the current government serves the people and not the other way around. The nation has long lost any real control over the Federal Government. And why put in "None of the above" when you can vote Ron Paul.

However, your idea needs to be transformed to truly be effective. The real power of today's world is media & finance. If stop letting those have control over you, that's when the establishment will get scared. It's Ghandi's approach, but for the modern times.

#56     Feb 13, 2008
  7. Just a little morphine for the thread.
    :D :D

#57     Feb 13, 2008
  8. da-net

da-net

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have read if Ron Paul does not get the republican nomination he is not going to run as an independent. Considering that his numbers are so low it does not look possible for him. So he would be out of the picture and we are back to the "two morons".

I agree that it would require lots to effectively influence the fed, but I do believe that it could happen on a local level grassroots where we can exert some influence which could change the makeup of county & state governments, then that could lead to fed changes.

One local man has been extremely successful in magistrate court litigation on malfeasance charges against local government county & state politicans & employees. He has taken $15k out of many of their pockets which I believe they notice. On charges of malfeasance they do not qualify for government paid legal representation.

#58     Feb 13, 2008
  9. Share the formula and let's started pissin the politicians off. Maybe that will wake them and the media up.

Fat chance I know.

#59     Feb 13, 2008
  10. Joab

Joab

Seriously,

The system needs to be revamped.

In Canada our Prime Minister makes $200k per year and I know it's the same idea in the US.

Why not pay the President $25 million (an average fortune 500 CEO salary these days).

This would get rid of the kids and bring in the men.

#60     Feb 13, 2008