Lee Iacocca Calls BULLSHIT On America's "Leaders"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gnome, Feb 12, 2008.

1. LOL, yes those were the days of some ugly-assed gov. workers vehicles. Some theorize that's why some postal workers went.."postal".

It messes with your brain.:eek:

#41     Feb 13, 2008
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Yes, This worked, but how does a government put this concept into fair use.

Does the government only help you if you are well connected or if there are a certain minimum number of jobs at risk.

Do you think now that a bailout of GM or Ford would be as successful?

The loan may have caused Chrysler to not make the changes in operations that could have made it compete against upcoming Toyota and Honda. The "government help" may have set Chrysler on the wrong path that caused it to become the first of the big three to be sold to the foreigners.

#42     Feb 13, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

I doubt that's ever a Gummint concern... rather, "what looks like we're doing something NOW that will get us votes and keep us in power". Kind of like delaying mortgage foreclosures for 30 days, currently.

#43     Feb 13, 2008
  4. Hire the person with the most qualifications NOT the one that looks good and is Hollywood.

--------------------------
    If McCain or Obama lack economic skills all we can hope for is whoever is elected to hire the best advisor on economics.

#44     Feb 13, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Wouldn't have worked in Bush's case... He had a personal agenda... DAMAGE TO AMERICA AND COSTS BE DAMNED.

#45     Feb 13, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

I don't vote anymore ... It only encourages them.

Seriously - WHY vote when both candidates are Morons, there really isn't any point.

Gnome,

Obama - YoMama ..... roflmao :D

#46     Feb 13, 2008
  7. YUP!!

#47     Feb 13, 2008
  8. I'd say McCain, Obama or Clinton; the marginal, the bad and the medically needy and not in that order.

#48     Feb 13, 2008
  9. da-net

da-net

I agree with your point that both of the presidential candidates are Morons, but disagree that there isn't any point in voting.

Just a thought...

In a movie "Brewster's Millions" it was promoted to write in vote for "None of the Above" in an election. If we (everyone that views the choices as no choice) were to write in vote for "None of the Above" this would create a problem for the electorial representatives, especially if "None of the Above" recieved more votes than any candidate..

Also, what if through our votes and personally watchdogging our local government officials held them accountable...would this change things locally and have an effect on national?

#49     Feb 13, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

1. Short of a Second Revolution, that's our only hope. However the American electorate is too naive to realize such a need. (Besides, most are interested only in their own personal "gummint cheese" in the short term.)

2. Watchdogging? HA! They'd just tell us to "Go F*CK yourselves"... just like they did when they trash-canned the Gramm, Rudman, Hollings LAW in 1987.

After the 2000 election, the question was asked from Europe, "Why would you folks spend $4 Billion on the election?". The answer, of course, is "BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT!"...

I'm sure everyone can connect THOSE dots...

#50     Feb 13, 2008