Lee Iacocca Calls BULLSHIT On America's "Leaders"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gnome, Feb 12, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

I didn't recall the details, but remember thinking how it worked out so well for everyone... must admit to having been a bit surprised.

Now, a bailout means "get somebody else to pay for my reckless greed so that I don't have to".

#31     Feb 12, 2008
  2. MattF

MattF

people like Lee are few and far between to begin with.

These days, it's just gotten worse :(

#32     Feb 12, 2008
  3. MattF

MattF

Here's more of a "full" excerpt...

#33     Feb 12, 2008
  4. MattF

MattF

#34     Feb 12, 2008
  5. MattF

MattF

#35     Feb 12, 2008
  6. Yes, I agree- there is a major difference between giving someone a legitimate chance to get back on their feet, or throwing money that doesn't really exist at a problem to make it go away because some maniacal jackass can't control their spending habits and keep their greed in check.

It's the difference in giving an addict a chance to go to rehab or giving them a few bucks to go "clean themselves up" and calling it a day.

#36     Feb 12, 2008
  7. Joab

Joab

LOL

Well they don't have to go that far BUT at least be self aware and learning from mistakes would be a good start.

The problem as I see it isn't so much the people but rather the choice of politicians.

I don't know what it is about politics but it attracts the biggest group of idiots I have ever seen.

Donald Trump said it best:

Hire the person with the most qualifications NOT the one that looks good and is Hollywood.

After all it's a JOB not a role in a movie.

#37     Feb 13, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

"Elections always boil down to the choice between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich".. --- South Park

So here we are... FINALLY getting rid of Bush (history may regard him as the WORST president of all time)... and our choices now are McCain and Obama/YoMama.

How are we going to be better off? The best we can hope for is that we get "flung into a warmer dung pit". :mad: :mad:

#38     Feb 13, 2008
  9. da-net

da-net

I've read his first books several times and still own copies of them. Looks like this new book is a must read as well!

Here on ET we (collectively) bitch about the current situations, whether it is about money, politicians, government agencies or whatever. We point the finger about this or that and vent, but take no action.

Do we continue onward the same as before or do we allow this great thinking man to inspire us?

Do we simply go to the polls and elect the next person from whatever party just to get a change from the previous party or do we start holding government accountable at every level forcing a change to restore the values our country was founded on?

What are your thoughts??

#39     Feb 13, 2008
  10. Gnome Wrote...

"Elections always boil down to the choice between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich".. --- South Park

So here we are... FINALLY getting rid of Bush (history may regard him as the WORST president of all time)... and our choices now are McCain and Obama/YoMama.

How are we going to be better off? The best we can hope for is that we get "flung into a warmer dung pit".

..................................................................................................

Excellent Commentary
    ......................................................................................

After reviewing the basic economics of both individuals...the message is quite clear that both just offer more of the same...

It is ever so obvious as to simply add up what words really mean in true economic terms...However I have never seen this in any country...

You have the Chavez types of the world who really believe that they know what is best for a country...when in effect they are killing the very cause they think they are helping...

This is why having someone who is truly up to speed about helpful economics is of paramount importance in public office...

Having lived in different countries...here is my take...
    Good economics have nothing to do with politics...
    Politics is simply a method of getting into offices of control whereby the direction of tax revenues and legal impositions are swayed...

McCain has already admitted economics is not his strong suit....and Obama has already suggested an immediate devaluation of assets by contributing to inefficiency in productivity...

However what is clear is that good economic policies are the number one priority for any country and form of government...

What a waste...

#40     Feb 13, 2008