Lebron to the Lakers!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by El OchoCinco, Jul 1, 2018.

1. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...g-los-angeles-lakers-4-year-1533-million-deal

My thoughts:

Lebron just handed the Celtics the NBA Eastern Conference for next 2 years minimum

Lebron went away from middle aged crappy role players to young not yet developed role players

Lonzo Ball, with his 36% FG and 10 points a game is not going to run the point and may be traded

Lakers are not at best #3 in the West behind GSW and HOU so his title streak will end

Next shoe to drop is Cousins and Kawhi to the Lakers for a true super team.

I am a Lebron fan but he just downgraded in team quality to lose again to GSW but not in the finals...

destriero likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

I think they win it all next season once they lose Ball.

3. The key is the next step.... Sign Cousins who is a free agent and they don't have to give up anything and then sign a PG who can play defense and stretch the floor a bit. Other problem is who is SG. Lebron and Counsins need 3 point shooters in new-style NBA.

Lakers have:

Lonzo Ball
    I. Thomas
    5-6 other D-League at best players...

There is a lot of crap in that lineup and nothing worth trading for Kawhi as Spurs want something in return. Lakers are going to be a real mess unless another bomb explodes that lineup.

Lakers sign Cousins and Tyreke Evans dump 6 lumps and keep Kuzma and Ingram and the lineup is:

Ball
    Evans
    Ingram
    Lebron
    Counsins

Kuzma, Hart, KCP, and someone else off the bench.
    Trade/move Randle, Lopez and IT for salary cap.

4. Lakers signed Javale McGee to 1 year deal....not sure about that but to be honest he was great in pick and roll offense for GSW and he can rotate with Kuzma and dump Lopez.

5. Lakers signed Lance Stephenson....

Seriously....adding KCP, Javale McGee and Stephenson is just adding low level bench for minimum salaries. THat means Cousins deal is eminent....and bye bye Luol Deng and Lopez....proof that some NBA players are robbing their teams of money.

If Randle is healthy then KCP, McGee and Stephenson are basically your 2d unit:

Ball
    SG to be named
    Lebron
    Randle
    Cousins

Not a bad team shaping up....backcourt still will get hosed by GSW and HOU.

6. GSW did the same thing when they added Durant, dumped the bench and added guys willing to play for player minimum just to be on a winner...

7. LacesOut

LacesOut

In LA the fans here aren’t all that excited. At least the ones I’m talking to.
    Lebron isn’t a favorite here.

8. RRY16

RRY16

Take a trip into South Central today in the 105 deg heat and give us an update.

destriero likes this.
  9. LacesOut

LacesOut

That’s where I am! It’s fucking insane. Exposition Park today. Beating the heat indoors.

10. destriero

destriero

Food bank?

#10     Jul 6, 2018