LeBron to Miami

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by omegapoint, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Then you know that compared with any of the other contenders it doesn't compare as a vibrant metropolis -- sure there are pockets but overall .... Objectively its lucky to have any professional sports teams at all. Corporations hq/s and people are leaving too.

#21     Jul 9, 2010
  2. yea, that was fun. I thought he played out of control often too ---as in losing the ball while dribbling and over dribbling. Not alot of finese there like Kobe.
    I've conditioned myself not to live and die with what happens in
    sports so I'm just interested in the play. Except when I'm watching a game I'm invested in a side. I think fantasy football did it to me.

#23     Jul 9, 2010
  3. ak15

ak15

What date and time does the Brett favre show start?

#24     Jul 9, 2010
  4. cstfx

cstfx

How many months do you give that Miami cerberus before it begins to implode because they ain't getting the touches they were used to? How long before DWade begins bitching about not being the go-to guy on the team?

I'm betting by late March 2011 we'll start hearing about the bickering.

#25     Jul 9, 2010
  5. "You like it?" You think Cleveland is cool? I've never heard anyone say, 'I'm going to Cleveland on vacation."

-Joakim Noah

#26     Jul 9, 2010
  6. If they win they will get along. Winning solves a lot of problems.

#27     Jul 10, 2010
  7. :D

This is the guy you are quoting for a source:

[​IMG]

#28     Jul 10, 2010
  8. ak15

ak15

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-b...-grief-i-say/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog

Brett Favre again takes us for a ride, ESPN in dutiful tow
    9:37 am August 18, 2010, by Mark Bradley

Brett Favre, as seen from above. (Photo by KTSP)
    If I can be serious about Brett Favre for a moment …

Sorry. I can’t be serious about Brett Favre, not for a nanosecond. Last year he showed up (late) at Vikings camp being driven by the head coach. This year he showed up (late) being driven by the kicker. As ever, the Worldwide Leader in Overkill was tracking his every move, even if his every move couldn’t quite be seen because he was in a moving vehicle with a roof and the cameras were in helicopters.

And I for one am ecstatic beyond reason that Favre will apparently play — I say “apparently” because at this moment he still hasn’t yet stated his intentions publicly, even though a Favre statement of intentions is worthless — again this season. Because I was feeling guilty over my sudden dislike for LeBron James, who up until “The Decision” had done nothing to make me think he was a bad guy, and now my default dislike position has been reset.

LeBron James has been dropped to second on the list. Brett Favre is again the athlete against whom I root the hardest. (Lane Kiffin is the sports figure against whom I root the hardest, but he’s not a player and really not a coach. He’s just a clown.) Being a sports writer and all, I’m really not supposed to root, but Favre has become so objectionable that I grant myself a waiver.

Brett Favre is a handy combination of everything I value least in sports. He’s not as good as advertised, and yet he’s one of the handful of neo-athletes — LeBron, Tiger, T.O. and A-Rod would make up the remainder of the top five — around whom the Worldwide Leader has decided the world indeed revolves. He’s insincere. He can’t abide the thought of the game continuing without Ol’ No. 4 and his Wrangler jeans, and apparently neither can ESPN.

There are times when I think that if Favre didn’t exist, ESPN would have just invented him. Then I correct myself: ESPN did invent him, like Dr. Frankenstein and his henchman Igor conjured up their monster. And every year we get another sequel: “Son of Frankenstein,” in which Favre goes to the Jets and makes his teammates hate him; “House of Frankenstein,” in which Favre takes his talents to Lake Minnetonka and throws the interception that blows the Super Bowl for the Vikes, and now …

“Bride of Frankenstein,” in which placekicker Ryan Longwell drives the honeymoon car and a covey of helicopters serve as the tin cans being dragged behind.

What I want to know: When is Mel Brooks going to give us “Young Frankenstein” as it pertains to the Wranglin’ Man? Because only Mel Brooks — he of “Blazing Saddles” and “The Producers” — could skewer Brett Favre and ESPN in the way those egregious entities deserve to be skewered

#29     Aug 18, 2010