LeBron and the little people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by timcar, Jun 14, 2011.

1. timcar

timcar

Question to LeBron after the NBA FINALS:
    Does it bothered him that so many people were happy to see him fail:

“Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today.

They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point."

Speaking as one of the “LITTLE PEOPLE” I will be celebrating the entire next month for “the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal”.

2. :D

I think the entire city of Cleveland breathed a sigh of relief when the Mavs won. At least he didn't win the first year out of here.

And he says some very classy things along the way. I think Cleveland had a 'shut your mouth' clause in his contract.

:p

3. JamesL

JamesL

4. [​IMG]

5. I'll throw my hat into the glad Heat lost ring as well.

6. Max E.

Max E.

Me too, those 2 clowns wade, and lebron were mocking nowitski for being sick right after he put up 34 points against them and lebron had nothing in the 4th quarter that game, which they lost, guys like that deserve to lose.

7. BSAM

BSAM

I was glad to see the Mavericks win this year. They had a group who deserved to get a ring. But, some of you are going overboard in trashing LeBron James. He is a great basketball player. He'll get his. Just stand by.

8. I think this is part of LeBron's problem - he's not well perceived.

I didn't take his comment to imply any disrespect towards the 'little people', rather that those who wanted to see him fail have issues in their personal lives they should tend to as it's not healthy to want to see people fail.

IMO, he's only saying sports is a temporary distraction for the unhappy. LeBron's loss changes nothing in their unhappy lives. There are unhappy people across all socioeconomic backgrounds - I don't think he meant to imply anything like: "I'm a baller and these people have to go back to their poor trailer parks, bunch of losers".

9. Its because he keeps jumping from team to team! If he showed some loyalty maybe he would be more popular.

10. kipster

kipster

MJ>KOBE>LeBron

#10     Jun 17, 2011