Leaving IB - where to go??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by PBateman7, Mar 10, 2012.

1. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Lime/Wedbush target market is black box traders, not high touch traders. Also, they have a minimum account size much higher than $100K, and they have a minimum monthly volume to open an account.

Bob

#51     Mar 12, 2012
  2. I believe that Cobra Trading would be the perfect fit for your trading needs. We do offer per share pricing and we have no additional fee for a broker assisted trades.

Please feel free to email me directly at ch@cobratrading.com if you would like to talk specifics. Also, feel free to visit our website at www.cobratrading.com.

#52     Mar 12, 2012
  3. Vendors sure are hungry for your commission dollars.

#53     Mar 12, 2012
  4. zdreg

zdreg

hot dog vendors?

#54     Mar 12, 2012
  5. youre right. 250k min account. reg pma 6.7X I heard a friend of mine talking about it and he is friends with alistair brown. I trade with someone who is at wedbush so dont really need it. most of their business is hft/BB but they do accept others who are discretionary.

#55     Mar 12, 2012
  6. thanks for the info. going to evaluate all of my options probably try a few different ones out and find what works best.

#56     Mar 12, 2012
  7. Victor, Cobra, et. al.

What kind of monthly commission levels are we talking about for it to make sense to move away from IB? $100? $1000? $5000?

I'm assuming there are platform fees as well.

OK to speak generally. I know it comes down to case by case and individual volume.

#57     Mar 12, 2012
  8. From Cobra Trading's perspective, we do have a software fee ($125 for CobraIQ), but that fee is rebated if you do 75,000 shares in a month.

That being said, 75,000 shares at $0.004 would be $300.00 in commissions.

So, if you can trade 75,000 shares, you would save $75(.005-.004) + all of IB's exchange fees.

Hope that answers the question. If you were a very inactive trader, we do have our VENOM platform at www.venomtrading.com that has no platform fee and $5 per ticket pricing.

#58     Mar 13, 2012
  9. def

def Sponsor

Chad,

If you're going to compare costs against IB, please do so accurately.

In particular:

1. IB's sliding scale for cost+ starts at 0.0035 per share. (you state 0.05 which would be for our all inclusive fee package)
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=commission&p=stocks2

2. your exchange rebates are also less than IB for adding liquidity;

3. your exchange fees for removing liquidity are higher than IB;

4. the number of ECN's and direct routes available are much less compared to IB;

5. you are not offering liquidty rebates for NYSE and AMEX.

#59     Mar 13, 2012
  10. No insult intended to IB. We clear through IB as well as Penson.

I was just trying to give a general response regarding commissions to a thread of an unhappy IB customer.

Happy trading ET members.

#60     Mar 13, 2012