Leaving IB - where to go??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by PBateman7, Mar 10, 2012.

1. haha oldtime - i am looking to leave IB - not a fan of the executions ive been getting lately or the platform itself. looking for some additional configuration. plus all service issues are a hassle.

#21     Mar 11, 2012
  2. Eight

Eight

I want broker managed OCO's and most brokers don't seem to have that feature with the exception of IB.

#22     Mar 11, 2012
  3. try using limit orders

#23     Mar 11, 2012
  4. if you ever have a service, or any other kind of problem talk to Robin. Since most of us make thousands of trades with ib for years without ever a problem , when we do have a problem the complaint department is not very busy.

if you can't make it with ib, you probably won't make it no matter who your broker is

nice try shill

but like you, not good enough

#24     Mar 11, 2012
  5. im not going to adjust my trading to fit IBs platform. looking for better fills overall. IB is definitely good which is why ive been with them. i think its just time to move on, too many things have been building up over there. i want out. they offer everything which is great. but im really just stocks with some options i dont need everything they offer.

i think they are more hype then they are worth at the end of the day.

need some decent charting and trade related service is important to me as well as a good short book. any other brokers you know of that provide these features let me know.

#25     Mar 11, 2012
  6. they all offer that, if they didn't , why would anyone use them?

what specifically is your problem with www.interactivebrokers.com ?

#26     Mar 11, 2012
  7. i have made it just fine with IB for years im a very profitable trader. i dont rely on them to make money, im a real trader. i can use any system and replicate what i do.

i am looking for a new system that will allow me to take advantage of more opportunity in the market. if you think IB is the end all be all then your advice isnt going to be valuable. i post asking who i can replace IB with and you write IB - that should have been enough to ignore your advice. thanks anyway though.

#27     Mar 11, 2012
  8. its not one problem. its many different issues over time that have become more glaring. its time to look for a new broker and see what else is out there. most important are the fills i HAVENT been getting. its seemed laggy on me lately. i am looking for a new fit. things might just be stale for me over there but either way at minimum im going to open a 2nd account somewhere and see how it goes. and if it works well move my whole account out.

question still remains - where to go????

#28     Mar 11, 2012
  9. sorry, I didn't realize you were a real trader

#29     Mar 11, 2012
  10. old time why are you so stuck on IB. do you work for them or something? i dont get it? do you think the only people who trade and actually take profits use IB? i find that pretty hard to believe. you probably make 1 trade a month and call yourself a trader. your help has been useless. im not going to debate with you if i can trade or not. ive been doing it for years and its provided me with a primary source of income and thats good enough for me.

#30     Mar 11, 2012