Leaving IB - where to go??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by PBateman7, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Futures, futures options (on occasion) and Forex. I do not us TS but, as I said, you need to check it out. May well fit for you.

#11     Mar 10, 2012
  2. hitnrun who do you use? what do you trade?

#12     Mar 10, 2012
  3. Swan - TS platform fee is on the high side. I wont be using too many of those program tools etc. im pretty basic in my charting needs as well.

Always looking to save on cost when i can. ill probably get a demo of both trade station and lightspeed. I liked what i saw on order entry capabilities for lightspeed in their videos - http://www.lightspeed.com/Lightspeed-videos.php?vid=2

#13     Mar 10, 2012
  4. hitnrun

hitnrun

lightspeed platform is used by hundreds of prop traders
    one of the most popular platforms for years . good enough for me

#14     Mar 11, 2012
  5. are you prop? i would go retail i have my own cash and dont like the idea of having to split my profits or that the funds arent insured. the more i research lightspeed and its software i like more and more what i am seeing. i am going to give them a call monday, already requested a demo of the system on their website. will let everyone know how it goes.

#15     Mar 11, 2012
  6. you're not shilling for lightspeed are you?..since you only registered a couple of days ago.....

didn't think they would need shills since they're pretty reputable...but you never know...nice way to drum up more business

edit: I also like the strategy of targeting those dissatisfied IB customers.

#16     Mar 11, 2012
  7. hurricane - ive been with IB for years. have never really looked elsewhere until recently, so was kind of out of the loop a bit. i am using the reviews i have gotten so far to help point me in the right direction. which is why i just signed up. isnt that the point of these message boards?? right now its between trade station and lightspeed. who do you trade with?

#17     Mar 11, 2012
  8. ssrrkk

ssrrkk

it just sounds a bit odd how you never answered the question, re: are you shilling?

#18     Mar 11, 2012
  9. no im not. im trying to find a new broker. who do you trade with? trying to see what platform everyone uses. hurricane never mentioned who he uses just knocked my efforts here. if im off in my initial search and you have a different broker i should check out please let me know as i dont like to move around. i want to find one place and stay there for a while. especially if i need to learn how to use a new platform.

#19     Mar 11, 2012
  10. check out www.interactivebrokers.com I have been with them for years and they are very good.

#20     Mar 11, 2012