Leaving for awhile....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by t0yland, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Ebo

Ebo

Cash is king.
    Be safe.

#11     Mar 29, 2003
  2. Keep it in cash, and leave a will with your family.

If you won't go to cash, then go long oil, and short human life. Oil is not about to get cheaper, but human life is.

#12     Mar 29, 2003
  3. Cash or a low-risk mix of stuff that will yield you 3-5% (bonds, money-market, etc).

Fuck the money -- just take care of yourself and put a bullet in Saddam's head.

Thanks for risking your life to make the world a better place for so many. Mad props to you and come back safe. The market will still be here when you get back.

Oh! If you get the chance, try to keep a journal of your time over there. If you get deployed in the field, try to remember as much as you can so that you can write a book when you get back. Perhaps you can let others know just how it is over there.

See you when you get back.

#13     Mar 29, 2003
  4. I don't think so. If the war takes longer than expected, he would not benefit from his portfolio's performance. And as soon as the war is over, which is the most likely time for his return, his portfolio would be in trouble, and by the time he gets to log into his account he will be lucky not to have received a margin call.

But of course, nobody knows what stocks will actually do.

#14     Mar 30, 2003
  5. #15     Mar 30, 2003
  6. klutz

klutz

Off to Iraq to kill women and children.................why not stay at home instead of invading another country?

It's Vietnam all over again.............stupid war,stupid politics and when its all over, nothing worthwhile will have been achieved.

#16     Mar 30, 2003
  7. But nothing anyone does can achieve anything. Sooner or later we will die. And sooner or later every trace of us will vanish.

#17     Mar 30, 2003
  8. why dont you stick to the topic a-hole and take that crap elsewhere. ive been staying out of this on this site b/c 1) i have a life. and 2) this is a tradign site, not yahoo
    but you have crossed a line. its ok to be against the war for valid reasons but do your protesting in an appropriate manner instead of attacking this individual. a good soldier is not allowed to have an political opinions about conflicts... he serves his country and does his job even for people like you. did you protest vietnam? did you protest gulf war I? did you protest the Afghan war when we were hunting down those al qaeda aholes? would you have protested a pre-emptive strike against al qaeda prior to 9/11 knowing what would happen or maybe not knowing? my point is soldiers dont get to pick what conflicts they participate in and the wisdom of going to iraq may not be known for awhile or may never be known and many protested gulf war 1 and afghan and they both turned out to be the right move.
    while i am rambling, i have many friends who serve, some of them in special ops. one of them is being deployed on monday to someplace i will not disclose. are you against his activities? every night you lay your head down to sleep in a safe and free country he is in a jungle somwhere risking his life to remove a threat that threatens YOU! and the best you can do is sling an insult on an anonomous board (i dont think you would have the BALLS to say that if he was in person) at someone who is being deployed and is asking for honest advice.
    and this makes you feel better, DUDE YOU REALLY ARE PATHETIC!

#18     Mar 30, 2003
  9. Spoken like a true nihilist.

#19     Mar 30, 2003
  10. Pop it into an annuity. You can pick up 17% during first year. There are penalties for withdrawal but they are relatively small. you also get to deal with family benefit issues and tax benefit issues as well.

#20     Mar 30, 2003