leaving a paying job to day trade-experienced day traders please help

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by xdiesel123x, Aug 14, 2009.

1. craig

craig

First off thank you for labeling me as an individual who has "little clue" about trading. This sort of forum talk seems quite common here at ET. Maybe statements like this make you feel powerful and in control i don't know, but whatever the reason they are destructive to the forum name and the people who are trying to learn here.

I am very honored that my opinion contradicts the "overwhelming opinion here on ET" The overwhelming opinion on many forums are flawed. Forums are filled with people who know very little at best about the subjects they speak of.

I.E. Flawed Opinions!!

About me proving to you that making an edge is easy. Are you telling me you have not met other profitable traders who have different systems/methods than you? If so what makes that person so successful? their ability to find an edge? or their ability to execute a trading plan flawlessly without emotion?, to capitalize on winning trades without fear or greed taking over? to never listen to the little man on our shoulders? Their ability to take on positions with 100% confidence when their system/method is giving them a signal regardless of the fact that they have just suffered 3 consecutive losses? Their ability to exploit that edge to their fullest? I could go on and on.

An edge does not have to be big! If you are referring to an edge that provides a 90% win rate, then yes no doubt there are few of those and they are harder to find.

Profitable trading IS 95% psychological 5% system whether you agree or not i could care less.

Once again, your response was hostile to say the least. Very few of us on these forums have "made it" and very few of these people will come here to selflessly help others with posters like you out there.

#41     Dec 14, 2009
  2. you mistake "hostile" for "stop claiming things that are obviously an antonym for reality."

You were the singular one claiming how easy an edge is, in spite of what most everyone else says here and in a lot of other places. I made a number of sites available where you could prove this statement. That you would punt, I knew before I even posted these auditing sites.

#42     Dec 15, 2009
  3. volente_00

volente_00

I agree 100%.

When you transition to real money, you will find out that the strongest emotion in trading is fear.

Fear of losing

and

Fear of missing out

#43     Dec 15, 2009
  4. ammo

ammo

TZ, i would assume(possibly incorrectly) that your edge is your refusal to believe anything at face value, constantly challenge what is in front of you,if true, that would impel you to weed out the risks to a minimum before trading, you came by that naturally, now toss in some experience at watching the market and repeatedly narrowing down your opportunities. I too think the edge is the easy part, like a set of blueprints to build a house, although necessary, these dont make you a carpenter,this is another skill, there in lies the outcome

#44     Dec 15, 2009
  5. yes, ass u me d incorrect. woman in question hasnt traded in years. blew out and ran scared from trying again. sad case

#45     Dec 15, 2009
  6. Everybody's path is different, the only thing certain is that it is impossible to tell how long it will take you to become consistently profitable, if ever.

Plan accordingly and good luck.

#46     Dec 15, 2009
  7. +1

#47     Dec 15, 2009
  8. TraderZones seems to be in the "if ever" category....hence the venom towards anyone who says anything about being profitable.

#48     Dec 15, 2009
  9. Yes, and such is the reason retired traders only POST here, they seldom READ. What would be the point?

#49     Dec 15, 2009
  10. A serious trading edge (positive expectancy) is like being a professional gambler. There are few of either

Many newbies convince themselves they have an edge, but paper trading results, a good backtest, or a several month papertraded track record are usually a lot more luck than a real edge.

#50     Dec 15, 2009