leave day trading now or you'll go broke

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by hedgeking, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The last time I checked the IRS charts it was about $365,000.

#11     Jun 30, 2006
  2. Over 139k is top 5%? wow, i've been on the top 5% for a few years now and I didn't even know although 139k after taxes and insurances ain't much I tell you that.

#12     Jul 1, 2006
  3. my brokerage account was my money market. it paid 4% and i had check writing ability. i was never going to trade over 300k of the cash but i threw it all out the window and went for it

#13     Jul 1, 2006
  4. I DON'T GAMBLE, YOU DO.

TRADING IS NOT GAMBLING, LET ME REPEAT, TRADING IS NOT GAMBLING.

#14     Jul 1, 2006
  5. I think hedgeking might have inherited the money, so maybe thats why he said hes going to the welfare office now. But i have to admit...that was a pretty crazy thing to do... 400k...you couldve just bought some t-bills, had a nice little 20k per year tax free income coming in and moved to Thailand and lived it up.

#15     Jul 1, 2006
  6. I read your original thread but you never told anyone how old you are and how you accumulated 400k in the first place? if it was from a job, then surely you can accumulate the same amount, right?

If your story was true, think of it this way, you're still more fortunate than people out in 3rd world countries. It's all relative :)

#16     Jul 1, 2006
  7. The latest numbers I have, are

top 1%, 295 495,
    top 5%, 130,080,
    top 10%, 94, 891,
    top 25%, 57,343.

The top 5%, pay 31% of the nations taxes, the bottom 50%, pay 3.46%.

Interesting information, just though I'd share.

#17     Jul 1, 2006
  8. And the bottom tax payers complain the loudest. Instead of shaping up, getting a better education, then getting a better job, they complain why I'm not paying enough in taxes to pay for their housing and cable TV.

Sorry... didn't mean to hijack this thread with another topic.

#18     Jul 1, 2006
  9. Thanks for the advice. But you're too late. I already lost. :(
    Now I'm trying to figure out some stupid plan how to get it back with better indicators and better chart patterns. My last ones didn't work. I know, don't tell me, I'm a moran. Maybe I should write a book like all other losers that lost in the market and recoup my money that way.

#19     Jul 1, 2006
  10. riskaverse305

riskaverse305 Guest

and you wonder why you went broke?

#20     Jul 1, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.