Least expensive IB automated execution platform

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by thehixx, Oct 2, 2003.

1. thehixx

thehixx

I am trying to find the least expensive platform for fully automated trading with IB. So far, I've come up with the following:

1. Used version of Tradestation 2000i ~$150 . (Yahoo IM me if you are selling)
    2. Real time data from IB, via hyperserver or metaserver ~free to $10/mo
    3. Automated execution via Tradebolt, Dynaorder or TraderAssistant ~ ?free to $250

I am going to start by trading QQQ or SPY with trend following systems. I expect to hold positions for days to weeks, though at some point I may implement systems that hold these for hours to days. I am not looking to trade minute to minute, so I am not obsessed with a few seconds here or there in data lag. I do wonder how to fill-in missing data, should the IB connection temporarily go down.

Does anyone else trade with this set up? Can anyone foresee any potential problems in running this set up? Ideally, I want to turn it loose completely hands free and just check in a few times a day to see if any signals have been generated.

At some point, I would like to trade futures with this set up, once again holding days to weeks or at least hours to days. Does IB stream real time futures data?

Thanks all for your assistance!

2. i found this automated software the other day. supposedly it will take the signal from most software and trade through ib.

http://www.futures-trader.net