Lease up. Next car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Dec 21, 2008.

1. who is calling the shots you or your 13yr old daughter?

are you the adult?

#51     Apr 23, 2009
  2. nitro

nitro

12, going on 17.

#52     Apr 23, 2009
  3. right. you are going on 45?
    who is wiser??

#53     Apr 23, 2009
  4. nitro

nitro

I finally saw a 2010 Camaro on the street. I was surprised how long the car is. Also, it's styling is definetly strictly modern, and there is very little retro to it. If you didn't know it is a chevy you couldn't tell. I was walking my dog and was a good 50 feet away, but it did not seem to have much of an exhaust note. I could not tell if it was the six or eight cylinder.

Anyone actually driven one yet?

#54     Jul 4, 2009
  5. I had the same reaction. I haven't studied a side by side comparison with the '69 but the new one definitely looks more rounded and not as low. My initial reaction was that they somehow screwed up copying the essence of the old car. Maybe they should have hired chinese designers to get it right.

I think the dodge challenger hit the mark a little better. Bad-ass looking car in black.

#55     Jul 4, 2009
  6. nitro

nitro

I am not saying the length is bad, just that a car this size is going to be a porker. As to design, I also do not feel that it should be retro, but in this case, there is zero retro. That's neither good nor bad, just an observation. I have heard one really bad thing about the Camaro, the seat sits too low, so putting your arm and resting it on the side is very uncomfortable.

Don't these people have quality control?

I agree that a black challenger is mean looking. But that thing is a boat. Seriously, lose 400 lbs on the car, and it would probably be the fastest of the bunch. A muscle car that weighs more than 3500 lbs should be sent back to the designer. The challenger comes in at what, 4000 lbs!!!

The mustangs of the eighties were perfect size. The new ones are getting bigger all the time. I don't get it.

Car and Driver compared them and they say mustang wins. Almost certainly because of weight:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._gt_2009_dodge_challenger_r_t_comparison_test

#56     Jul 4, 2009
  7. aegis

aegis

The Challenger looks strange to me. Its almost too tall and the rear fenders are too large. It almost looks like someone took an old Challenger and squished it from front to back.

The Camaro may not look much like the first-gen, but it's much more sleek. Who wants to see a first-gen Camaro brought back in plastic anyway? Some things are best left untouched.

#57     Jul 4, 2009
  8. get a porsche 911 g50 '88-'89 or 964 '91-'93
    turbo or regular
    fit the ruf sport exhaust and hey presto fun²

#58     Jul 5, 2009
  9. nitro

nitro

Ok I finally stood next to one standing still while parked at a movie theater. It looked brand new. I made a point of parking right next to it to get a feel for scale. My Five-OH is definitely dwarfed in size by this car (my daughter said my car was a piece of junk next to the Camaro :mad: )

It looks awesome in black. Black makes the car look smaller. I still want to see it in silver.

My daughter mentioned that it looks very square from the front and curvy from the rear. I agreed. This was a six cylinder with black leather interior. I looked through the window to my daughter's dismay (dad, stop drooling all over other people's car) and I can tell that resting your left arm on the window is going to be problematical. The stick shift looked a little small, but I have to test it myself. I could not see the pedals to gauge if the space between them is too big (another complaint I hear.) The steering wheel didn't look as big as everyone says. The leather seats look great, but I can't tell how much support they have (believe me, the mustang has the worst seats on the planet, so anything is an improvement.) The wheels and rims are gorgeous.

All in all, the car is hot.

#59     Jul 12, 2009