Lease up. Next car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Funny you should say that b/c the 2009 auto issue of Consumer Reports just came in and the American manufacturers....

ARE STILL TERRIBLE.

The only glimmer is Ford who has been improving.

#11     Mar 5, 2009
  2. I must be reading a different consumer reports because in my issue, there isn't one american car on there with a review saying TERRIBLE. fucking tool.

#12     Mar 5, 2009
  3. Quotes:

"The best vehicles are built by Honda, Subaru and Toyota"

"Chrysler fared even worse this year. No Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep are recommended" (... ummm... I'm pretty sure that means terrible...)

"On average, Honda continues to make better all-around vehicles than any other automaker"

"The reliability of all Honda and Acura models is still the best of any automaker, although Toyota follows closely behind"

And, as I said, Ford has gotten better:

"Among domestic automakers, Ford continues to improve in reliability"

=====

Did you bother to even read the magazine before posting there fucking tool?

Some people around here are so incredibly dense it's amazing they can even find their way to this website. This poor guy can't even read apparently, which is unfortunate for him.

I seriously hope you try to trade w/ real money.

:D

#13     Mar 5, 2009
  4. nitro

nitro

I turned my leased Murano in. It is a very reliable car and is an inexpensive Acura MDX imitator. Highly recommend it if you want a lifeless reliable car.

I had stored my '95 Mustang GT 5-OH. It was in terrible condition as I have not touched it in three years. It took some doing, but she is alive.

Gawd, for the first time in my life I understand a part of myself. When I get in this car, feel the rumble and exhaust note, and then take her on the highway and I get all that torque, NEVER again will I get a lifeless car. Seriously, that minivan stuff is for women. Mid life crisis my ass. How a man that still has testosterone flowing through his veins can drive anything but a sports car is, well, now beyond me. A second car that is lifeless is ok, but daily driver? Please.

I am going to drive my 5-OH until the 2010 Camaro comes out, test drive it and then make a decision. The only thing that I wish Chevrolet would offer is on the V-8's have a feature that will turn off 4 cylinders unless I tell it not to. That way at least my daughter won't be angry with me, and I can be responsible by not getting a car that guzzles gas.

#14     Mar 21, 2009
  5. Rather be a man and spend my cash on airplanes than cars! :D
    Want a rush get into competitive aerobatics, or airplane racing. I'd like to get into the racing, but I have a few dollars to go, and a few kids to get through college first. Or to hell with them, they can fend for themselves. :D

#15     Mar 21, 2009
  6. nitro

nitro

#16     Mar 21, 2009
  7. Banjo

Banjo

8. Despite the claims of high used car prices because of a terrible economy, I'll never buy a new car again.

My next sled is going to be a BMW 5 series or a Lexus LS460 - prices on even these cars are plunging around here. I can get a two year old one for about 40% to 50% of the new selling price, with an extended factory warranty.

If I was a billionaire, I'd still go this route.

#18     Mar 21, 2009
  9. there is a huge difference between INITIAL reliability, and longterm.

An interesting story several years ago, that American cars after 3 years, had on average as many problems as Toyotas/Hondas at 7 years.

#19     Mar 21, 2009

10. My current car is a 2003 Avalon, plus a 99 Yukon. Both perform their assigned tasks as designed, but lack automotive "soul".
    If you understand "auto soul", you'll understand.
    At one point in time, I owned a 69 Chevelle SS. Fun, but no soul.
    Had a 78 Benz 240 diesel, slow but "soulful". Get it?

#20     Mar 22, 2009