Lease a seat for $30 dollars!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by will2205, Dec 12, 2005.

1. will2205

will2205

Minnesota is a nice place to live. In was even voted healthiest state in 2005. The cost of living is also cheaper than Chicago and NYC.

#21     Dec 13, 2005
  2. zdreg

zdreg

why would a lseat cost 32000 and a lease be only 30/month.. the numbers do not seem right

#22     Dec 13, 2005
  3. I'll second that! I wish when I got out of the U I had enough sense to look into the Exchange, would have been a great start to what I wish I had been doing for 20 years instead last 10 and full time ~3. Is there much of an ability to daytrade those markets if you are a member or leasing, or primarily swing to position trading going on? Could always move back I suppose. :)

#23     Dec 13, 2005
  4. MidAM is now integrated into the CBOT grain room.

#24     Dec 13, 2005
  5. will2205

will2205

You can definitely day trade here. I don't think the exchange would be open I you couldn't.

#25     Dec 13, 2005
  6. Is it possible to come in and watch for a bit during the day? Next time I'm up I might try for that if it is possible. Drag my kids along and show them the other side of trading, not the boring sitting in front of a computer stuff. :D

#26     Dec 13, 2005
  7. spread

spread

The pit traded futures volume is marginal, average 148k/month this year. What's the deal with the pit traded options volume? It's horrendous.

#27     Dec 13, 2005
  8. will2205

will2205

You can come in and watch during a session. I recommend you come during the open or close though, it can get a little boring sometimes.

As for volume, we are much smaller than KC and Chicago, but is definitley enough to speculate on. The options volume is lacking for sure, but believe it or not there are guys making a living.

The best thing is not to compare us to the other guys, because it just gives people the wrong idea.

On a really good note word has it there will be two new clearing firms hitting the floor soon.

#28     Dec 13, 2005
  9. jsmooth

jsmooth

I thought i would bring back this thread - seeing that seat prices are close to 70k now. Anyone know how Pit Volume has been doing; or what current lease prices are at? Or if there is any speculating money to be made in those pits?

#29     Nov 27, 2006
  10. katesdp

katesdp

You answered your own question.

#30     Nov 29, 2006