Learning to trade ZB

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Siwash, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Siwash

Siwash

Great answer,
    I'm all for slow and steady..singles not home runs.

thank you.

#21     Oct 21, 2003
  2. has been trading ZB / ZN / ZF

is harder than ES / NQ / YM

good luck ...

#22     Oct 21, 2003
  3. DblArrow

DblArrow

Most folks are using the trading pit times, 7:20 to 14:00 central time, to calculate the pivots and some are using the pit data, and still trade the electronic.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#23     Oct 21, 2003
  4. jmis

jmis

thanks larry & DblArrow.
    what charting package do you use? and what are the active hours of zn/zb trading? same as pit? no matter what, i'm always glad to hear another trader doing well ;))

dlbarrow, i seem to remember you scalped the es or nq before, does that style transfer well to zn or are you doing something else?

jmis

#24     Oct 22, 2003
  5. DblArrow

DblArrow

ACTIVE hours are the same as the pit.

I tried something on the es a bit and it worked ok, but bonds are where I have always been and I prefer them. No that method of scalping does not transfer well to the notes or bonds.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

P.S. charting is sierra with IB.

#25     Oct 22, 2003
  6. What is the initial stop-loss that you guys use for scalping ZBs? I have been watching ZBs for the last 3 days and I have noticed that my ES scalping system that uses 2 pts for the initial stop-loss (with targets of 3-4 pts) would work pretty well if I used 4 ZB ticks for the initial stop-loss with the targets of 6-10 ticks.

So what do you guys use for the initial stop loss and the targets for your scalping?

#26     Oct 22, 2003
  7. DblArrow

DblArrow

I like 5 ticks in the bonds and 10 ticks in the notes - 4 for me seems to get taken alot, perhaps it is that round # thing.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#27     Oct 23, 2003
  8. It's incredible how well they trend. 30 ticks today and I am just starting. The simplest system that I was once using for ES and that is not that good anymore because of the ES range contraction and frequent headfakes works like a charm in bonds. I just feel guilty that I made money so easily.

#28     Oct 23, 2003
  9. trade ZB or ZN options?

is there any volume in the electronic version compared to the pits ?

#29     Oct 23, 2003
  10. fuf

fuf

I'm glad you are doing well on the ZB! It took me about 6 months before I became profitable. But I was starting from scratch also, never trading before.

Would you care to share your simplest system?

I'm curious...

#30     Oct 24, 2003