Learning to Trade Emini Futures. Please Help

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Davis, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Bill.C.

Bill.C.

I think he means he kept depositing more to get it to 60k, otherwise its a legendary increase.

#11     Jul 9, 2018
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We are making a lot of assumptions without seeing his account. Maybe what happened is not something that can be replicated daily. Maybe he was long a take over stock or short the market in february or caught the recovery in the aftermath of feb. We have no idea how he made his money. I assume he is looking for a strategy where he can make money daily or weekly in all types of markets. Nothing wrong with the path he is taking. He is just not going to get an easy answer.

#12     Jul 9, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  3. padutrader

padutrader

do you seriously think someone can go from options to day trading which is the most difficult?
    the daily or 4 h is the place to learn according to me

#13     Jul 9, 2018
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Why is DT the most difficult? Why should anyone constrain their trading to one discipline? If he likes options, why not learn futures and options on futures? The reality is that not every strategy works all the time. The learning should never end if you want to make a living from trading or manage your own money. You have to keep an open mind to opportunities.

#14     Jul 9, 2018
    qlai and CSEtrader like this.
  5. padutrader

padutrader

because the day trading chart can be manipulated for short periods of time....the point is if you want to learn better the longer time frame since he has enough capital

#15     Jul 9, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  6. Everything is not money based and not everyone is a struggler on elite altough it seems like it. Perhaps he wants a new challenge?

#16     Jul 9, 2018
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'm going to make a general statement. What we have not mastered is the most difficult. I can't say that because option postion trading is easier for me, that it should be easier for others. I have never been a equity day trader. But if I practice that skill and find a system that works, that would the easiest for me.

#17     Jul 9, 2018
    padutrader likes this.
  8. jl1575

jl1575

IRA contribution limits: 6500/year (over 50); 5500(under 50).

#18     Jul 9, 2018
  9. Just go for it. Open up a demo account with AMP, use the TT platform and practice. Once you get the mechanics down, try it with real capital.

Remember, some of the posters on this thread have less than $1000 to their names. pay the negativity no mind

#19     Jul 9, 2018
    patrickrooney and _eug_ like this.
  10. padutrader

padutrader

i am being realistic if you are learning it is better to learn to walk then after that learn to fly

#20     Jul 9, 2018
    MarkBrown and CSEtrader like this.