learning tape reading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 0008, Apr 22, 2003.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

glad you could make it to America but then again look like you could do well in any kind of environment.

#11     May 21, 2003
  2. Threei

Threei

I believe you addressed this to me since Chris was lucky to be born here :)

Thanks for good words... but I still am glad to be able to live and do business in civilized society instead of one soaked with crime. As tough as it gets sometimes with market makers or book editors, I'll take them instead of mafia guys :)

Vad

#12     May 22, 2003
  3. Please post a little excerpt from the book, like the sort of thing that you'd put in an Amazon.com "Look Inside the Book" type of thing.

#13     May 22, 2003
  4. When we were working with Hedge Funds on the specs for our alert tools, tape reading was one of the most critical components.

Good luck,
    Dan

#14     May 22, 2003
  5. Threei

Threei

PuffyGums,

as it stands right now, we can't post excerpts from the book, gotta get publisher's permission for that. We did ask them for one, waiting for their word - this process is apparently formalized, goes through the levels of management (gosh, how happy I am that as a trader I don't have to deal with all those ladders, office issues etc...). That part we posted on our website was taken out of the book, so we didn't have to ask permissions.

I hope we will be able to post something else. In general, I can say this: book consists of three parts. First part goes over tradier's development, showing common traps and mistakes and discussing practical ways of avoiding and overcoming them. We tried to make it live and recognizable so that traders on different stages could relate easily (and chuckle about mistakes we all make). Second part describes trading system we apply, with tape reading principles, setups, general ideas and exact triggers. Third part has over 30 practical examples illustrating how those ideas are applied.

Vad

#15     May 22, 2003