Learning options

Discussion in 'Options' started by ThisisaUniqueusername, Aug 11, 2020.

1. I know two thirds of fk all with options, i was wondering if someone could give a run down on them.. as from fx/futures.. and everyones been helpful on my otherpost to help me understand algos an where to start I thought I'd try here with options as well... I'm not picking options up all that well, I've come across them on ig, which seems different to other platforms, so can someone help simplify it all? I'm reading in circles trying to learn it from the net.. like why doesn't it charge or show the margin needed to buy, i understand what call & puts are.. as far as I know. Also what is the second lot of numbers about, there's the strike price then once on the instrument, it'll have a smaller number in the hundreds..

2. Huh?

3. ?

4. Strike prices?

5. Numbers different to strike?

6. Margin need never showing up

7. Overnight

Overnight

If you want to learn something as serious as options, then invest in your option trading business. Put down your smartphone and buy a personal computer with a monitor and an internet connection through a broadband internet provider, such as a cable company.

If you do not know what those items are, ask your parents.

They can teach you all that old tech.

The irony here is so thick you could not cut it with a sling blade. (Some folks call it a Kaiser blade).

luckyfnlou likes this.
  8. Yeah, i don't have a desktop but have a laptop... i definitely don't trade off my phone because the screen is to small and you can't see much of the chart, messaging/sending screenshots here off my phone because i was on the move, i have a brokers phone app because i check in if I'm out an about with a position open, i basically wanted to see if someone could familiarise/ or simplify options for me to pick it up quicker as what i search doesn't really sit with me when i go back to a chart. An saying buy a desktop with a monitor for options when i dont know how to trade options yet is kinda dumb, for my laptop does the job for a few positions a week I'm not a day trader, as I'm still learning my way towards it an I'm not keen on investing in a desktop when I'm not fully there yet

9. Overnight

Overnight

Well, having a laptop is a start. Having a lifestyle so rapid and exciting that you have to post to the ET forum on the GO GO GO with your smartphone leads me to believe you have neither the patience nor attention-span to learn and adsorb complex concepts like options.

luckyfnlou likes this.
  10. Who said rapidly on the go? my lifestyle is nothing if I'm not working I'm at home, i don't drink or do drugs, i don't head out with friends. It's odd times i have to get out an about, like now after an hour away I'm back to sit infront of a screen to learn something.. would be easier if someone could point me in the right direction with options instead of trying to be a hero, it's not a attention span problem, its a why am i reading it over an over an not understanding it, why not ask for help... like I'm trying to now

#10     Aug 12, 2020