Learning how to Trade E-Minis and DOW Minis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TraderRC, Nov 5, 2003.

1. TraderRC

TraderRC

I've been trading stock for years and I am interested in learning how to trade E-Minis and Dow minis. Any suggestions on how I should start and where can I learn the basic fundamentals of trading them? Any good books?

2. Hey Rick,

Just curious.. How do you trade.. Off of fundemantals or are you strictly a technical trader??

Also, have you had success trading stocks???

3. blb078

blb078

started trading the minis about 2 months ago, i prev. traded stocks, what i did was started trading the ETF's spy, dia, qqq. and watched the minis. once i felt comfortable trading the etf's i started on the minis. and haven't gone back to stocks since.

4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

There is a ton of stuff on this ET website. Also the internet has a lot of information on this. Google it.

A great place to start is www.cme.com

They trade VERY differently than stocks and ETFs. There is a lot of wiggle to endure on every trade. Not for the nervous.
    But the leverage of this vehicle is matchless. Plus favorable tax treatment.:)

5. Come hang in the Elite Trader Chat room -the nice folks there know everything about the eminis -- just ask them ...\\:D

Actually, BobCathy is pointing you to a great site.

6. TraderRC

TraderRC

Thanks for the advice guys. I am successful at trading stock I just need to expand my knowledge base. I'm gonna check out bobcathy's link and dabble in the ETF's
    Thanks again!