Learning Curve...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by forrestang, Feb 20, 2009.

1. deaddog

deaddog

I was making too many trades with the faster bars.

As was mentioned above the patterns show up in all time frames.

Today in my day trading account I only took 6 trades.

#41     Feb 26, 2009
  2. On the chart I posted for the trades on the 26th, the first H&S wasn't on the chart.

Here it is.

Notice both times once price penetrated the resistance in the neckline, and the trendline, it went straight down.

Neither time gave me the 'popup' or 'popdown' I was hoping for to enter the trade.

Maybe as Veggan suggested this is a characteristic of the NQ?

#42     Feb 27, 2009
  3. I haven't traded on a minute chart in a while.

I like the idea of slowing things down, I think the NQ has done that for me quit a bit. The 1000CVB NQ chart seems to move like molasses. And this is me comparing it to a 1000 or 2500 CVB chart on ES.

I think it's so slow that I'm having to remind myself that I don't have to be in a trade all day.

I'm seeing most of the trades WHILE they are occurring, but i think screen time will make sure I take them all?

#43     Feb 27, 2009
  4. Only trade I am taking today as I've gotta head out of town.

Win or loose, seems like a good trade.

---EDIT----

It took a long time for this post to post.

Stop I moved above resistance @ 1126.00. Stop is 1126.50. Trade has moved against me a bit.

Target was 1116.75 were prior resistance was.

#44     Feb 27, 2009
  5. Couldn't help it, took inverted H&S that occured after I was stopped.

#45     Feb 27, 2009
  6. Here is the Head and Shoulders I entered. Good setup. Exited right in front of double top.

#46     Feb 27, 2009
  7. Sorry, posted the wrong DOM screen capture in that picture on the H&S, that's still the same capture from my stop out on the DT :(

On another note, as suggested by Veggan yesterday, I think playing the entries on the NQ a bit more aggressively might be a better solution than waiting for a 'popup' or a 'popdown'.

Any thoughts on that?

#47     Feb 27, 2009
  8. Little action from earlier.

Was watching NQ, looking at it, I'm paying a lot of attention to H&S patterns.

See something that looks interesting.

Just out of curiosity, switch over to ES on, and there it is!!! Could have been a beautiful trade.

#48     Mar 2, 2009
  9. veggen

veggen

I agree with you there, my favourite pattern as well. Very reliable and great R:R

#49     Mar 2, 2009
  10. It sure seems that way. I didn't really pay attention to them for a while.

Only looked for Double TOPS/Bottoms and triangles.

But H&S is interesting for sure!!!

If you see any that I don't post it up, if not just post the time and timeframe, and I'll snag it up!

Forrest

#50     Mar 2, 2009