Learning About Intervention

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Oct 31, 2011.

1. in what direction? I've only seen two interventions and both were to the downside and quite violent. What happens in an intevention when I guess they are trying to prop it up? Is it the same? or is it more of a slow steady thing?

#11     Oct 31, 2011
  2. Hi dear newtime,

the best way to trade interventions and interest changing, or anything else important stuff made by the central banks...
    is to.....STAY OUT of the Market......

in that situations, the majors pairs can easily spike over 100pips in a few seconds...........easily..........
    you cant protect your self against that, if you stay in the trade....

OK, if you have a long term trade, you can stay in......

But for short term trading, it would kill you one day, with staying in.........

regards:)

#12     Oct 31, 2011
  3. at least 100 times.

better for 1.000 times, then you can call it a trend and bet on the 1.001 time to be right.

#13     Oct 31, 2011
  4. yeah, as far as I know SNB never did actually intervene, they just announced they were going to peg to to EUR and all hell broke loose.

#14     Oct 31, 2011
  5. Of course they intervened...

#15     Oct 31, 2011
  6. now hate, it was so slow last night, nothing was happening, I was just arguing on ET about China and taxes, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere JPY has moved 4%, no way to get in or out until after it happened.

I'm still a short term trader, it's just it takes me so long to do anything anymore that I end up with long term positions.

Slow down a little and you may live long enough to inherit them from me when I die. I won't need them anymore, I'll just give them to you.

But I did still know enough to get the hell out with a nice quick profit, so I can keep up with you young whippersnappers if I am violently shocked into action.

P.S. Check your Oxford and see if whippersnapper is in there yet.

#16     Oct 31, 2011
  7. did they intervene and then announce? I remember, it was 4 am est.

#17     Oct 31, 2011
  8. how do you know they intervened? Are there public records that people use to track what CB's are doing?

#18     Oct 31, 2011
  9. must be a heck of a way to make a living, you sell all your currency, and then announce that you are going to sell it all.

#19     Oct 31, 2011
  10. otherwise, ever since thay announced they would peg to EUR, EUR/CHF has been a lot of fun. You make a few bucks and feel like you are getting away with something.

#20     Oct 31, 2011