Learn to wait

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader1974, Nov 11, 2019.

1. trader1974

trader1974

Trading is not for impatient people, trading is for people who know how to wait. A good trader never operates on impulse or gambling addiction. The good trader only operates when he has the maximum chance of things going well.

fredk, dennis86, VPhantom and 14 others like this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

so you say a good trader is one who only takes high probability trades?

there are many traders who take low probability trades but go for high reward. are they bad traders?

i agree trading is a game of patience........but i am not a man of patience......

3. gaussian

gaussian

Yes.

Modern parlance for these people is "degenerate gambler".

bone, .sigma, tomorton and 1 other person like this.
  4. dozu888

dozu888

most retail traders trade random noise... so low/high probability is a moot point.

it still boils down to - people don't have an edge.

yc47ib and IAlwaysWin like this.
  5. Most traders don't have an edge. I find that traders who've never had an edge make themselves feel better by saying edges don't exist. They also find comfort when other traders in the same situation unite with them in this kind of thinking. It's kind of like a group mental disorder or something...seen plenty of it on ET for almost 13 years now.

6. tomorton

tomorton

Take time off from studying charts and learn to play chess well.

7. guru

guru

Or learn to code.

IAlwaysWin likes this.
  8. trader1974

trader1974

Some say that it is the same to open long or short, I say that it is not true. It is very important to know the background trend in multiple timeframes.

yc47ib likes this.
  9. EsKiller

EsKiller

LOL. You are a complete retard is what you are. ET never fails to disappoint. I swear there's some hidden gems on this forum filled with great info, then there's idiots like this. But they are are the ones that fuel the entertainment part of the forum LOL.

10. .sigma

.sigma

This.

And look at less charts and more option chains.

#10     Nov 11, 2019