Learn to trade

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by magisana, Mar 24, 2009.

1. nassau

nassau

I am not sure but I believe Bright Trading on elite trader is a sponsor and I believe based on some of the post that they offer traders that they do some trading.
    I am not personally involved nor have never met the man but he gives honest, accurate information in his posts.
    If I was a US citizen I would be knocking on his door.

Also reading and gathering knowledge is good but you need to diceper the discernment of that knowledge. Knowing how to start a car does not mean you can drive.

I give my traders many excercise once they understand the basic terms of the business. They will trade a stock, a cheap stock with a low beta and trade 100 shares only. NO averaging to help them with their risk management as it is not about the money but the trade. Trading makes the money. After they can trade the 100 shares successfully they progress to more shares, learn to work they way out of a bad trade ie averaging again low beta as the most they lose is a few dollars and the experience is real not simulated.
    The way to learn is to get your feet wet. Period.
    Everything has a cost of doing business so the few dollars you loose are part of your education. Once you have completed that then you can look at futures, options whatever.
    But I would look up entities that give traders a learning opportunity and to my understanding provide capital.

good luck.

#11     Mar 25, 2009
  2. magisana

magisana

Thanks for your input, I don't believe that there are any companies that would give me that opportunity to learn to trade and then they provide the capital, is this what you mean. I have looked and everyone that teaches trading wants to charge me... and I have to provide the capital. That would be wonderful If there was an opportunity for people that are genuinely looking to learn.

#12     Mar 25, 2009
  3. He's talking about these people that are listed in the following website.

You get to trade with other people's money after they train you and get you licensed to trade other people's money.

http://www.daytradingpropfirms.com/

#13     Mar 26, 2009
  4. Placebo

Placebo

Hello Magisana,

My advice is don't give up, took me 5 years to become consistantly profitable and now I trade full time. Keep learning until you find what is right for you.

Everything you need to know is out there, in books or on the internet. There is no short cut to screen time too. You can't pay some one to give you that.

I trade price action, no indicators, no volume, just price.

All the very best to you. :)

#14     Mar 26, 2009
  5. magisana

magisana

Hi Placebo,

I think that trading Price Action will appeal to me as I have read about how lagging indicators are not always a accurate as reading simple price action as everything is said with price anyhow.
    Can you tell me how you found your edge and which markets you like to trade? Also would you mind explaining why you have chosen Price action?

I would be interested in hearing your point of view.

#15     Mar 26, 2009
  6. Placebo

Placebo

I trade the ES. Like you say indicators don't work. At best use one as a confluence in your trading.

I came to where I am becasue I tried everything and price is the king. All you need is on the screen. And of course the most difficult thing is controlling your emotions.

Some may differ but thats just me.

All the best to you :)

#16     Mar 26, 2009
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

#17     Apr 13, 2009
  8. Handle123

Handle123

I am amazed that day after day, week after week all these new traders ask the same questions as to "how to". Are they so incredibly LAZY not to use the "SEARCH" tab at the top or go through the hundreds of other times people have asked the same questions?

If this is any clues of them not working on their own, it won't be long where their accounts will be going down down down...

I am just amazed of what people have become.

#18     Apr 13, 2009