Leading Republican Candidates Face Uphill Battle Against Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 7, 2007.

1. bighog

bighog Guest

60 MINUTES............ Misfit Romney has 5 sons. Mitt and the 5 sons never served a day in any military service. The 5 sons all are past 18 and COULD have served. Mitt is a chickenhawk as we all know.............but, 5 sons and not a one served in the military and this joker wants to be commander in chief.

What is it about Massachusetts and flip floppers? Misfit is against abortion, then now he is not, etc, etc.

The polls show no one is buying his game, thank goodness.

The sons say they served in other ways, they say they served the church. Wow!!!! How low can they stoop to feed us a line?.. :eek:

#31     May 13, 2007
  2. So i guess by that standard you have to vote for John McCain. None of theother candidates in either party served or have children who served as far as I know.

#32     May 13, 2007
  3. Did you ever have a problem with Clinton because he did not serve?

Now, during a "time of war" it is not an issue for you?

Do you really think if Bush had served in Vietnam, that he would have been so eager to go to war in Iraq?

#33     May 13, 2007
  4. I'm not trying to score points on this. I was responding to what I thought was an unfair criticism. I think your question is fair, however. I bitterly resented Clinton's failure to serve because he played the system, and because he shirked his duty, some other person, probably a poor black kid, had to go instead.

Romney had a high lottery number. That's not a problem for me. I would have done the exact same thing. His sons didn't serve either. So what? Did Chelsea Clinton go into the Army? Any other pols' kids, except for Jim Webb, in the service? Not that I'm aware of.

My guess is if Bush had served in actual combat, particularly in the infantry, he would have been a lot less eager to go into Iraq. I can't say that for sure however. McCain was all for it.

Let's not forget that the problem in Iraq was not in the actual war. It was in the aftermath. That can be blamed more on the State Department than the military. Part no doubt was not enough troops, but the die was cast by a number of idiotic decisions that were made after Saddam's fall. Those decisions continue.

#34     May 13, 2007
  5. The aftermath of the war in Vietnam is why McCain says he is so concerned about leaving Iraq.

So your position is that during a time of "war on terrorism" it doesn't bother you that a commander and chief has no direct experience in war (it would have been okay if Bush had at least listened to his old man...41 said no to Iraq war).

#35     May 13, 2007
  6. What's your point?

FDR, HST, JFK, LBJ, and GHB were all vets and they all put America in needless wars.

Last I heard Kerry voted for the war as well as McCain.

You're insinuation that GWB wouldn't have warred in Iraq if he'd been in Nam is therefore fallacious.

Clinton's lack of service didn't bother most voters. The fact that he protested the war on the steps of the Kremlin did rub anyone who isn't a Commie the wrong way though.

#36     May 13, 2007
  7. "You're insinuation that GWB wouldn't have warred in Iraq if he'd been in Nam."

Yes, I did express an opinion, and you have not show the "insinuation" to be fallacious or false.

You can't make my comments false actually because it was an opinion that if he had gone to Vietnam, he would not have started the war in Iraq, not a logical error. You did not show how my thinking could not be true. Logically it is quite possible that tours of duty in Vietnam might have changed Bush's whole life to be anti war. Many vets were/are. It was the whole 9/11 deal at that time, and the pussy politicians like Kerry were afraid to go against the opinion polls, which at that time still favored Bush.

My opinion remains that if Bush had served in Vietnam (an also not been surrounded by ChickenHawks) he may well have not gone into Iraq...which his own father was against.

Oh, and I think you might actually be a closest commie, just like you may well be a closet homosexual, as much as you talk about taking it up the ass and such...

#37     May 13, 2007
  8. My point is that, other than McCain, none of the candidates has any military experience. Democrat or Republican. Is that an ideal situation? Probably not, but it depends largely on the candidate. I would feel much better with Mitt Romney and his lack of military experience than with a loose nut like Jim Webb and his experience.

#38     May 14, 2007