Leading conservative economist blasts town hall mobs...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Kind of interesting that we never had any of these "TOWN HALL" discussions when Bush was in office and about to go to War with Iraq and spend $1 TRILLION dollars for a needless war.

Like I've said before, I was a registered member of the GOP for 28 years... after I saw BUSH rape this country a thousand times over (and the Golden State during the Recession of 2003 by sitting idly by and watching Enron manipulate the power grid), I was done with the GOP and went independent.

And they ran Sarah Palin in the last election???

The GOP is a joke.

And the Mann Coulters and Michelle Malkins and Laura Ingrams and Rush Limpbones don't do it any good, either.

Chuck Grassley ought to be ashamed of himself.
    He has now officially joined the "nut-job" camp.

#11     Aug 14, 2009
  2. You can't make someone look like an asshole. You may be able to do it temporarily but not permanently. What part of the article did you not agree with? Stop being such a hypocrite. What does being conservative mean and who was the last conservative president that we had?

BTW, did my previous post get deleted?

#12     Aug 14, 2009
  3. Where was Bartlett when Bush was actually president? Did he raise the same objections with the same fervor? I doubt it. He waits until it is safe to second guess, and we all know there is no surer way to media appearances than for a republican to trashotehr republicans.

He's right about Bush, but it's irrelevant. That ship has sailed.

#13     Aug 14, 2009
  4. What part of my post was hypocritical?

Yes, because it was disgusting.

#14     Aug 14, 2009
  5. I don't remember the conservatives saying anything when Bush was running those deficits. Many here still think that Bush did a really good job. Questioning Bush was unpatriotic and questioning Obama is just being American. I think it is necessary to question the elected officials but there should be the same standard.

Edit: L NQ 96, S 94

#15     Aug 14, 2009
  6. The ship has indeed sailed.

The salient and very relevant point is that those who staunchly defended Bush for 8 years, including yourself, are now proven to be lacking in good judgment...

So why trust people now who exercised such awful judgment, as defending Bush/Cheny etc.?

The repubs never want to talk about Bush, because what we are really talking about is their own stupid decision making that lead to Bush being in power for 8 years and fucking up this country...

If you went to a doctor who cut off your wrong leg, you really going to trust that doctor again?

Why the hell should anyone of a sound mind trust those who supported Bush blindly for 8 years now?

Clearly they were either fully demented, or so partisan as to be unable to reason effectively as to what is best for America...

#16     Aug 14, 2009
  7. Mercor

Mercor

Obama does not have the policies to fix the mess.

#17     Aug 14, 2009
  8. Outline what policies would fix this mess?

#18     Aug 14, 2009
  9. I'm sorry, were you monitoring all of my verbal, written and electronic communication during that time when Bush was in office?

If not, then you can't exactly call me a hypocrite. So unless you have proof where I specifically said something otherwise, you're (again) completely full of crap (like you were in yesterday's argument with me - a pattern, maybe?)

#19     Aug 14, 2009
  10. jem

jem

the only conservatives not complaining about the deficit were the fake former commie neo cons on T.V. and the fake conservatives in congress.

Everyone else was saying stop the spending and decrease my taxes.

#20     Aug 14, 2009