LCD-Television suitable for trading?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M Vega, Sep 26, 2005.

1. M Vega

M Vega

Hello,

I want to buy this 26inch lcd television...
    The technical specification say it's possible to use this screen as for your computer!

Or will it be better to buy a computer screen?

The refresh rate is 16ms and resolution 1240 * 768.

Thanks

2. gnome

gnome

Probably not suitable for trading... basically it will look like a big, grainy 15" LCD monitor. However you could take a laptop to the store, hook it up to the TV and see how it is up close.

3. zdreg

zdreg

what about a 44" inch projection tv?
    what is the likely result.

4. M Vega

M Vega

So is the problem the resolution is too low?

5. More than likely, the resolution will not be high enough for a trading application. They are great for those who have vision problems because the characters and icons are huge relative to a normal monitor, but you WILL NOT be able to fit more windows into the display just because it is big. This, again, is resolution dependent.

How much is the LCD TV?

Remember also that LCD TV's only have a 1-yr warranty on average. A quality LCD monitor should have at least 3 yrs warranty against defects or malfunction. This is a huge consideration given that LCD's are far too expensive to fix. Your money is probably better spent on a couple of monitors.

Good luck.

6. M Vega

M Vega

Ok lcd monitor it is :) thanks!

7. You might want to do a web search on the 37" Westinghouse LCD which is a true 1080i monitor. On A/V forums people are talking about using it as a monitor, but reccomending being closer than 10 feet. Its one of the less expensive LCD's out there currently - about 1800ish.

8. omniscient

omniscient Guest

excellent point FT. we see this question/scenario pop up a lot here and the theory makes sense. "hey, if i can fit everything i have right now from four monitors on to a single monitor, sweeet!" problem is if the resolution is lower you would actually need MORE TVs/DLP Screens/monitors to support the same number of windows.

take care :)

omni