LCD Monitor Buying Help Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by no_agenda, May 21, 2003.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I couldn't make up my mind regarding a monitor so I just rolled the dice and got the abovementioned one on a closeout or some kind of a price deal, it is great. Your worst day on an LCD monitor is better than your best day on anything else.

Max

#41     Jul 17, 2003
  2. just21

just21

#42     Jul 17, 2003
  3. TGregg

TGregg

#43     Jul 17, 2003
  4. mktman

mktman

What Dell cleverly leaves out is that with there 19" LCD monitor is that it is a rebadged 191t or at least it used to be 6 months ago.

mktsurf

#44     Jul 17, 2003
  5. You guys have me completely sold on the 191T and other Samsung "T" models.

Has anybody ever had a bad pixel fresh out of the box on a Samsung LCD?

Are they height adjustable with the stock stands, and wall mountable if one desires?

#45     Jul 21, 2003
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Yep, I got bad pixels on the ones from Mexico. Got one monitor from Korea that is perfect.

Yep, you can slide em up and down on the stand they come with.

Dunno about walls, but the mounting plate on the back is standard (VESA?).

#46     Jul 21, 2003
  7. just21

just21

I am interested in 20" lcd's because of the higher 1600x1200 resolution. Is anyone using these. Any reccomendations. thanks

#47     Jul 21, 2003
  8. so when it comes with a bad pixel out of the box, you're basically f*cked, and stuck looking at a black spot on your charts forever?

anybody know of a place where LCDs are rated for pixel life/quality?

#48     Jul 21, 2003
  9. TGregg

TGregg

I don't even notice mine. As a matter of fact, I'm looking for them now, and cannot find them. But, if you are concerned, then buy them locally. You can see the country of manufacture on the label on the box. Just get Korean ones.

#49     Jul 21, 2003
  10. I recently got a 17-inch Samsung LCD, model 172N, that was manufactured in China.

It has one dead pixel in the upper-left corner. Tolerable, but I'm going to try and make sure if I get another Samsung it's made in Korea.

#50     Jul 21, 2003