Lay, Skilling found guilty...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by jho, May 25, 2006.

1. Slow day.

Given that it's probably life in prison for both, is it stupid *not* to try to escape? Just playing devil's advocate, here. If they catch you, so what? Sometime, one of these convicted guys is gonna try it. That's all I'm saying. It doesn't matter if they have to hand over their passports. Millions of illegal immigrants know it's $200 to break our border security.

#51     May 26, 2006
  2. They will not spend their life in prison..I'll bet neither of them will spend 10 yrs at most

#52     May 26, 2006
  3. Cheese

Cheese

Sounds like a fudge packer's dearest wish on how to leave this life when the time comes.
    :D

#53     May 26, 2006
  4. "Given that it's probably life in prison for both, is it stupid *not* to try to escape?"

Maybe, but first I doubt they will do a long stretch (maybe even get a pardon some day), and second, they will probably get a Club Fed-type of incarceration - you know, where you're on the honor system not to stroll off the premises, regular conjugal visits, etc....

IF you DO stroll off though and get caught, I think that is when they dump your marshmellow butt in Rikers or some other hard-time joint.

So probably an incentive to not stray too far from the tennis court, I mean courtyard, until your two-three years or so is up....

#54     May 26, 2006
  5. The average life expectancy is 73 years for men. Lay is in his 60's at least.

A legal expert on CNBC said you cannot do long prison terms at low-security "club feds." They will get more than the few years you suggest, and it will be at least a medium security facility.

#55     May 27, 2006
  6. Cheese

Cheese

Woo fudge packer, keep your shirt on. The markets bring themselves down, YOU intemperate and ignorant whore.

And next time try not to screech like a little wounded bitch.
    Calm down and get a life.
    :)

#56     May 27, 2006
  7. "A legal expert on CNBC said you cannot do long prison terms at low-security "club feds.""

Guess they won't be joining the Milken Club then.

#57     May 27, 2006
  8. SteveD

SteveD

The "Club Feds" are mostly closed. I had a friend out at Lompoc where there was no fence, only a lime line (football field type) that told you where not to cross, LOL. No one did. These are not stupid people.

He said he was in the best shape since high school.

Lay and Skilling will do 15 years. Fed has no parole. Lay has bigger problem regarding any appeal as he was convicted by Judge Lake on separate bank fraud charges that everyone has forgotten about. That conviction will be very difficult to over turn. They have a nice facility down in Beaumont or one in Three Rivers, Texas. Had friends go both places.

I know some players, LOL.

SteveD

#58     May 27, 2006
  9. Cheese

Cheese

Hold on fudge packer, you crazed maggot fuck, I suck up to no one.

Markets do not come down because of scandals .. they topple from levels which are or have become unsustainable.

Those 'in the know', knew Enron was gigantically over-hyped by a tribe of market hangers-on. Smart money was out of the stock well before the first cracks started to show at Enron. You need to wake up from your whore ignorance and stop blaming everyone else. Take the recent example of Refco, a complete horsesh*t stock from a cowboy outfit, well known as such by those 'in the know'.

Calm down and get your brain under control.
    And stop acting like the new kid on the block.
    :)

#59     May 28, 2006
  10. toc

toc

' I suck up to no one'

You are sukcing up repeatedly as if it is embedded in your thinking.

#60     May 28, 2006