Lax gun laws in Texas fail to prevent tragedy: 10 people Shot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shortie, Jul 24, 2011.

1. bone

bone

BTW, Norway was clearly the fault of George W. Bush and Sarah Palin.

#11     Jul 24, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

That goes without saying. :(

#12     Jul 24, 2011
  3. About 15000 die per day from smoking (globally), 650 per day from booze (US); 550/day from being fat; etc.

It's tragic that people get shot, but banning firearms won't cut the numbers-it will only make the people who were activists behind getting laws passed feel better. Remember there are an estimated 200 million guns (IMO, it's a lot more-sometimes I think there are that many in my neighborhood here in TX) in the US.

If you want to cut unnecessary deaths, tell fat people to lay off the burgers and fries, etc.

BTW-Mexico has very strict gun control laws; and we can all see how's that is working out.

Seneca

#13     Jul 24, 2011
  4. Seems they were Asian.I'm sure artful dodger was very disappointed to hear this .

#14     Jul 24, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ah the voice of reason, pay attention anti-gun nuts.

#15     Jul 24, 2011
  6. Thanks ,but I thought in this forum we were supposed to disagree even when we agree :) :) :)

Interesting chart:

[​IMG]

Seneca

#16     Jul 24, 2011
  7. Mexico is f*ked up in many ways and is sufficiently different from US to make it not a good comparison.

US needs to be compared to Canada and Western Europe, the countries it is most similar economically, culturally and politically

#17     Jul 24, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Apparently you haven't been in any of the southern border states lately.

#18     Jul 24, 2011
  9. bone

bone

Watch the movie "Thank You for Smoking".

True for all vices, regulated and unregulated.

I think the example regarding the gun crime rate in Chicago and other municipalities and locales where firearm ownership is outlawed/banned/severely restricted is too easily dismissed when it does not fit the narrative of interest for the intended party's point of view.

I do not personally own a firearm, but I am convinced that if firearms were completely outlawed it would NOT materially affect the rate of guncrimes in the United States.

Just like laws against illegal drugs have not affected illegal drug-related crimes.

Same same.

#19     Jul 24, 2011
  10. pspr

pspr

It was 5 killed in Texas, shorts. The 10 were killed in liberal Seattle and 92 killed in Uber-liberal Norway.

#20     Jul 24, 2011