Lax CDC Officials Allow Thousands to be Exposed To Rare Form Of TB

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 30, 2007.

1. The article I read said the Border Agent ignored a warning on his computer to detain this guy and use bio protection. Apparently he was fired.

#21     Jun 1, 2007
  2. The original story didn't say who the guy was. As the article made clear, the vast majority of TB is carried by illegal immigrants. If this guy had been a non-US citizen, I wanted to know why he was allowed back into the country. As it turned out, the government did make a feeble attempt to keep him out but a Border Agent apparently decided to ignore the warning.

I don't consider worrying about illegal immigrants bringing deadly diseases into our country to be racist fear-mongering, if that was your point. It is another way the government has let us down and failed in its primary responsibility to safeguard our country.

#22     Jun 1, 2007
  3. LT701

LT701

i couldnt agree more, yet another facet of the understated cost of immigration

it's so bazzare that USA had better disease screening of immigrants in 1910, than now

#23     Jun 1, 2007
  4. we all know the answer to this.. this vulture would turn the screws.... no doubt about it.

#24     Jun 1, 2007