Lax CDC Officials Allow Thousands to be Exposed To Rare Form Of TB

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 30, 2007.

1. TGregg

TGregg

It's not a rumor.
    http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/53241.php

It's interesting to see the left ban smoking, when customers can tell from the ashtrays on the table or plain asking if smoking is allowed, but if somebody has a deadly, infectious super strain of TB, well he should be allowed to go where ever he wants. Unless he smokes. We can't have that. But a disease that nobody can tell is coming their way? No problem.

Is the ACLU suing the TB patient for endangering the lives of all passengers on his assorted plane rides and other travel? Nope. They couldn't care less about that, he should be free to infect as many people as he'd like. Unless he smokes, then send him to Hell.

#11     May 31, 2007
  2. You just made this one up.

The Tucson case you quoted below is unrelated.
    Your kneejerk reaction to blame the left on everything says more about yourself than the left.

#12     May 31, 2007
  3. I know a gal who lived next door to this creep before he moved. He sold his condo to an old couple before he went on his honeymoon. His father in law most likely brought it home from work. Coincedence,,cmon. Weird story. Ah what the hell, I'm praying for his dumbass.

Rennick:cool:

#13     Jun 1, 2007
  4. A friggin lawyer....I wish I could a bullet through the bastard's head...a waste of a good suit.

Well it could be worse. He was on several flights with about 50 other Mexicans. Typically they each have 20 or 30 illegitimat children and several wives. If they were contaminated, God knows how long before they spread that crap all over the country.

In my opinion, if you do this knowing that you are infected with a contagious deadly disease, you deserve to be executed on the spot. They should have walked the son-of-a-bitch out onto the tarmack and shot him in the head...and left him there for a couple of hours so the media could film it.

Hola Amigos

Steve

#14     Jun 1, 2007
  5. The opinions expressed here validate the reason why there should be medical privacy laws in place. One of the questions I have, and we all should, is how was his name made public? Read up on HIPAA to see what the penalties are for this.

We don't know all of the facts, and yet some are condemning him already.

Unanswered questions:

1) What exactly were his instructions from his doctor about traveling?

2) What were the instructions given to the border patrol agent?

The average person with no medical background can't be held to the same standard as a doctor, nurse or other health care professional.

For those pointing fingers, keep in mind, it could easily be you. This is the type of disease that you can't blame on an individual's bad choices in life.

#15     Jun 1, 2007
  6. Steve,

Are you being serious in your first statement, your "wish", or just exaggerating to make a point?

#16     Jun 1, 2007
  7. My comment about shooting THIS lawyer in the head is not to be taken seriously. I am simply exercising dramatic license.

I would however suggest that he be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Further I would like to see him isolated so that he cannot infect the rest of the population.

By the way, your comment about the need for medical privacy is interesting. Are YOU serious? If this gentleman had been protected by so called medical privacy laws, NO ONE on his flights would know whether to obtain medical care. Countless folks might be infected and not know it..What the hell are you thinking? What if YOUR family were on one of those flights?

Steve

#17     Jun 1, 2007
  8. Steve,

Thanks for the clarification.

As far as medical privacy is concerned, you misinterpret my intent as well as what the actual law is in the US.

His identity being protected means that he wouldn't have his name and photo and family details in the paper at this point in time. He would be known simply as patient X. That wouldn't hinder or prevent the authorities from completing all public health duties regarding protecting everyone he came into contact with.

So, in conclusion, with privacy we are able to do everything you suggest regarding warning people and giving medical attention to people he came into contact with.

By the way, I find it interesting that you are asking everyone to give you the benefit of the doubt with your "wish" statement, and yet you don't extend the same courtesy to the lawyer.

#18     Jun 1, 2007
  9. LT701

LT701

my feelings toward this guy can be summarized as follows:

suppose the roles were reversed, (you had that TB), and you sat next to his family, and you exposed all of THEM, with your selfishness?

what would this personal injury lawyer say to the jury about you, when he sued you for it?

that pretty much sums up how i feel about him

#19     Jun 1, 2007
  10. This case reminded me of that Ben Stiller/ Bobby DeNiro movie, "Meet The Fokkers" or something like that, where Stiller's new dad-in-law was an ex-secret agent and super weirdo. But this tops it.

Clearly there is a lot more going on here than has surfaced so far. Lawyers living in Atlanta don't just suddenly develop drug resistant TB. Some coincidence that his father in law works at CDC...on drug resistant TB. Look for a massive ass-covering campaign now by CDC.

I see Diane Sawyer has already interviewed him in Denver. They've got the sympathy machine in gear already. His story was that "no one told him" he couldn't travel, and that the doctors were just trying to cover themselves by "advising " him not to. Maybe they thought any normal person would not need to be arrested to make the point clear. And what about his father in law? Didn't lift a finger to stop him from going to europe, apparently with his daughter? What's with that guy?

#20     Jun 1, 2007