Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vinny1, Aug 30, 2012.

1. TGregg

TGregg

2nd that. And maybe we should all sue the OP for making our society so litigious. ;)

Naturally, I would take a different approach. I might put the email with the loser's name up on the web someplace that gets hit by search engines, while hoping that potential employers would search the web for a name. Perhaps it would be a good (hypothetical) idea if I let folks know what sort of person they are considering.

#11     Aug 30, 2012
  2. I was just joking about the $1 million. I know I cannot get that amount. I would be fine if he was just arrested and spent a few months in jail.

#12     Aug 30, 2012
  3. trendo

trendo

Yes, you can sue him. But you won't win.:eek:

#13     Aug 30, 2012
  4. 95% of people who sue lose, they just lose !

#14     Aug 30, 2012
  5. if you could sue each time someone emailed you something vulgar, i'd be rich by now.

stop PMS'ing and get over it

#15     Aug 30, 2012
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Or if you can't get over it, get even with him. ;)

#16     Aug 30, 2012
  7. Hopefully, the defendant's lawyer can dig up this thread and find where the OP just flat out said he sued him "because he had alot of money".

#17     Aug 30, 2012
  8. emg

emg

he needs to reload his account

ReLoad

#18     Aug 31, 2012
  9. tango29

tango29

I'll 3rd that :) Just what the court system needs another useless lawsuit. I'd call him back and tell him where to stick his little cry baby rant, and that he should hope no one ever calls asking for a recommendation as you will play the message for them.
    Geez, when I worked at an airline most of the agents at the gates could be millionaires instead of unemployed. Offense intended to those who deserve it, but I can't tell you how many times I heard the agents being sworn at by know it all turds from the east coast. One agent was fired because he lost it with some asshole CEO from a financial firm out east who couldn't get a flight out due to weather delays. The best was when they would send the assholes to another airline because the customer knew better, and would tell the agent they were lying about delays. That airline wasn't going anywhere either, but it sent the prick to the competitor to deal with.
    Find something fun to do to release your tension and get over it. A lawsuit because someone was an asshole? C'mon, get over it.

#19     Aug 31, 2012
  10. No you cannot sue him and win, but he can sue you. If you implied in anyway that a job, any job was guaranteed, implied it even in the smallest sense, you're done. If you implied you can get him even an interview, he has a case. If he spent a nickel preparing for that interview, you're liable for that nickel if you lead him to believe it was a lock. Best you drop it while you're ahead.
    BTW, many moons ago I worked for a short time recruiting attorneys, so I know of what I speak.
    More: I hate attorneys.

#20     Aug 31, 2012