lawless US stock market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bob111, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Its terrible. look at the ES. how does the market go straight down and straight back up again. no real liquidity and too much HFT. V moves post 09 phenom

#11     Sep 6, 2013
  2. Bob111

Bob111

nice, huh? specially after this V move. this whole thing became a one big farce

#12     Sep 6, 2013
  3. Bob111

Bob111

i actually start thinking about next logical move for those boys ,behind our screens who lobbied subpenny,HFT and all that s**(which drives volume away,increases the spreads on stock markets and NOT making markets more transparent or liquid or 'people friendly'.)
    less participants-easier to manipulate. i have this suspicion long time ago and told you about it here many times.

but imo we are heading to the next level of BS(with same exact goal-to have complete control of the markets)-'they' will make this market UNTRADABLE. you got that right-no trends,just some chaotic moves(stocks, once again) or tight moves then flat all day. something like that. so the rest of us will give up on this short term trading.

#13     Sep 6, 2013
  4. Some of the problems with markets AF economic related and fed related, but I agree with what you are saying. It's not providing a public benefit which is what they claim

#14     Sep 6, 2013
  5. Occam

Occam

The 1.80 was the Nasdaq opening cross, which is run by an auction system that's somewhat different from the regular-hours matching system. The best ask of 1.75 was from ARCA, and they've got their own opening (which, not surprisingly, was different from Nasdaq's -- in fact it was 1.75, the same as their ask just before the open).

I don't think anything "lawless" took place here, although fragmentation itself can obviously cause problems. But I'd say that exchange-vs-exchange mispricing is one of the least problematic, since it at least takes place where it's visible. For internalization and dark pools that are dealers, it's a lot less clear what's going on.

#15     Sep 7, 2013