Law firm teaches how to avoid American workers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LT701, Jun 21, 2007.

1. grassley is already taking this to the dept of labor, we shall see. if they do nothing then THE BLOGOSHERE WILL RE-IGNITE IT.

#21     Jun 23, 2007
  2. LT701

LT701

#22     Jun 23, 2007
  3. opm8

opm8

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. Assuming you're not, how is following the government's own rules disgraceful? If you're forced to put up an ad when you're hiring an H1B worker why in the world would you actually want someone else to respond to it? This practice started with the very first H1B open position. It's not this guy's fault or any of the thousands of companies that hire workers on H1B visas. It's the government's fault for creating such moronic laws.

opm8

#23     Jun 23, 2007
  4. LT701

LT701

i'm not so sure about that

i think the letter of the law goes a long way toward giving 'the benefit of the doubt' to people who follow the letter of the law but not the spirit.

but when someone is on record, as an officer of the court, advising clients to conduct their activities in 'bad faith' as they were doing, then there's no dount to benefit from

in any case, now they've got a senator and a congressman from the judiciary committees on their cases in a big way

my only role, is to pop some popcorn and watch their fireworks

coudnt happen to nicer guys

#24     Jun 24, 2007
  5. opm8

opm8

I think you're way off on this one. Companies decide on a candidate first then submit the H1B documents, not the other way around. Because of this a company has no interest in entertaining other candidates at this point -- they just want their guy hired, so they do what the regulations tell them. If it's putting up a job posting then that's what they do.

The problem is that the H1B rules essentially tell you to pretend you want to look around for US citizens after you've decided on a candidate. Companies don't start a job search declaring that it's going to be an H1B position. They look for a candidate, realize it's an H1B position, then go through the steps of hiring that person. Ask me how I know.

The immigration process in this country is broken. H1Bs/green cards are the tip of the iceberg. Change begins with legislation, not with penalizing companies forced to jump through mindless bureaucratic hoops.

opm8

#25     Jun 24, 2007
  6. LT701

LT701

tell it to the senate judiciary committee

in every life, a little rain must fall, and baseball sized hail is coming their way

#26     Jun 24, 2007
  7. give me a break.. poor little corporations being harassed by the govt. where's my vomit bag? the law firm is brazenly teaching corporations to break the law. they are not teaching corporations how to act within the law. they are telling them to break the law. no gray area...NONE!!! this is open and shut... no wiggle room. he says it on the tape. the administrative asst's that work for the firm add to it.

this law firm will get a slap on the wrist... it is up to us to put pressure on the corporations that employ these snakes and to bring some semblance of justice to this crime.

OK.... so how do you know? let me guess you're an H1B yourself or HR for some scumbag corporation?

#27     Jun 24, 2007
  8. #28     Jun 24, 2007
  9. opm8

opm8

Yep, let's waste a few more tens of millions of dollars on a judiciary committee. Typical US horseshit answer to a problem they created. Guess what will change in the end?

opm8

#29     Jun 24, 2007
  10. LT701

LT701

awwwww, somebody not get their H-1b?

poor baby :(

#30     Jun 24, 2007