Latest Vaccine News

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Apr 24, 2020.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#1621     Sep 16, 2021
    userque likes this.
  2. UsualName

UsualName

What do you mean “temporary vaccines?” Lots of vaccines wane. “Temporary” isn’t an issue.

#1622     Sep 16, 2021
  3. UsualName

UsualName

Well yes and no. We do not know if the t and B cell responses are life long. So a Covid vaccine from this generation can possibly theoretically stave severe illness many years even if it does not prevent mild infection.

Some persons cannot withstand even a mild infection and that’s where there is a need a high level of antibodies.

We will see. My guess is the recommendation for boosters will 55 years and over at 6 months. That seems to be where the biggest bang for the buck is.

#1623     Sep 16, 2021
  4. jem

jem

boom... there is your 95% percent efficacy...
    you you fucking douchebag... you lying fuck...

using stale data to tell us 95% efficacy or whatever bullshit number you were lying about as we were telling the efficacy was failing as the vaccines get older.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    #1624     Sep 16, 2021
  5. jem

jem

See above for temporary.

#1625     Sep 16, 2021
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

You should note that the standard for ALL other vaccines in terms of effectiveness and waning is if sufficient antibody levels are present in the individual. An IGT Antibody test is used to make this determination for Mumps, Measles, and nearly all other vaccinated diseases to determine individual effectiveness. If sufficient antibody levels are not present then the person is deemed unprotected. There is no consideration of T-cell or B-cell responses (which don't provide immunity BTW) in determination if a person still has effective vaccinated immunity to a disease. I will note that this "T & B-cell immunity" chatter is an anti-vaxxer talking point for casting doubt on Covid vaccination currently -- which is why outside of discussions from respected scientists studying it in context of vaccination the chatter should be ignored.

#1626     Sep 16, 2021
  7. UsualName

UsualName

I don’t know that what you’re saying to be true but I also don’t have any reason to disagree.

The below link is from a leading infectious disease expert. This is probably the best walk through of t and B cell response as part of the bodies immunological response.

https://leaps.org/amp/how-long-do-covid-antibodies-last-2654881722?__twitter_impression=true

#1627     Sep 16, 2021
    gwb-trading and Wallet like this.
  8. Wallet

Wallet

Exactly. Injecting a pathogen will obviously cause an antibody response. Hopefully the body will learn, remember the virus and combat it in the future by making the needed antibodies. Your link states exactly that, thru B and T cells.

If these mRNA vaccines are not producing a lasting B and T cell response then we have a problem.

Thinking out loud, does the immune system need more than just a copied spike protein, a more complete form of the virus to map for a better, longer lasting immunity.

#1628     Sep 16, 2021
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I've never studied Covid immune responses...its a new virus.

Yet, from what I can remember from school about 30 years ago, for longer lasting immunity that you're curious about, you would need the immune system to recognize more than just the proteins on the virus / bacteria...

It would need to also recognize the peptides and polysaccharides on the virus...all of which are part of Antigens. Simply, I recommend you learn more about our immune responses to the Antigens of the Coronavirus.
    • Thus, in theory, the more things our immune system can remember about the virus...the longer lasting the immunity.
    As stated, Covid is still new...they're still learning about it. In fact, some Universities in France are now including molecular and serology studies of Covid apparently because there are different things about it not included in recent immunology studies prior to what's known about viruses.

Covid has shaken up the world of medicine and I believe after this Pandemic...there will be new cures for other diseases based upon what they've learned about Covid.

Covid-19-Antigens.png

In contrast, today's antiviral therapeutic treatments against Covid...they're targeting the Nucleocapside (N) protein. Essentially being a nucleoside inhibitor. This is the old way of attacking viruses when there were no vaccines. It's still effective today but care needs to be greater to not kill off the host (our bodies).

In my opinion, this is why antiviral therapeutic treatments are more dangerous than vaccines as in more risks. The reason I think antiviral therapeutic treatments are more dangerous is because to do their job...they need to stop endosomal acidification along with inhibiting viral RNA release after it enters the host cells.

Covid-19-Antigens-1.png

wrbtrader

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    #1629     Sep 17, 2021
  10. jem

jem

a. props for that info Wrb.

I realize you may know this subject well...

b. So... what do you think of this risk...
    As more than one scientist has warned...

There is a risk that the pathogen figures out how to do hide itself on a spike protein so that it enters the cell without triggering the bodies immune responses.

Correct? This is called ADE right?
    That could be fatal outcome for the host... right?

c. Now...
    What if a new variant does that to the mRNA spike protein as we keep training it on boosters?
    Everyone with a mRNA spike protein in their body could die... if they get infected with this new variant? Correct?

Now Do you see why its immoral for force this on healthy young people.
    And... scientists tell us there is no way to put odds on this.

#1630     Sep 17, 2021