Latest Rentec Medalion Performance?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by SabreMan, May 19, 2018.

1. schweiz

schweiz

I do not have Bulgarian nationality, I do not live in Bulgaria and I do not trade from Bulgaria.
    Your postings prove/confirm that you have no information at all about me nor about my trading performances. You are only posting BS.
    If you can only insult me, or post idiotic things about my mom and living in basements, I can put you down. You receive what you ask for.
    You should change your nickname in Mickey Mouse.

There are several daytraders on ET who make +100% returns a year. I am surely not the only one.

#31     May 20, 2018
  2. Thanks. I understand the part about not sharing info about trading secrets. Those secrets are meant for your kids only. All the best to your trading.

I expect successful day-trading will have low draw-down because they don't experience the huge gap-downs that longer-term investors/traders suffer. I believe your past success. However, I am kind of doubtful successful day traders can hold up against the machines for long. Machines have inherent advantage against humans for day-trading. I'm sure you know that better than me.

#32     May 20, 2018
  3. schweiz

schweiz

Good daytrading systems have excellent entries, don’t need excellent exits and try to catch the big intraday moves, but even that is not necessary. Good entries avoid being stopped out, bad entries will be stopped out on a regular basis or will lead to margin calls and blowing up. A horrible entry can never be corrected by an excellent exit, as the excellent exit at that time can be still miles away from profitability.

If you trade the E-mini futures ES or similar products, you can do the math and by using a small profit per trade (like 1 point) and stepping up by 1 tick each time you can see the returns you can reach on a yearly basis. That return can be huge, even with moderate profits per trade. I already posted that you only need (in the setup that I use) 31.5 points a year in the ES to double your capital. All this WITHOUT compounding.

When I see the unbelief on ET I wonder why they don’t see what I see:
    • Maybe they don’t, even after reading the entire posting I wrote.
    • Maybe they never calculated themselves what the result would be if they would do what I posted.
    • Maybe they are not able asa person to trade that way.
    • Maybe they have no clue what futures are.
    • Maybe they are so obsessed of their own being right, that they don’t even check what people with another vision post.
    • They think they already have all the knowledge they need. They feel much smarter than the average trader.
    • Maybe they have too much problems with their ego.
    • Maybe they are blocked in the way they think and cannot accept any new, out of the box, or even ordinary logical arguments.
    • Are maybe they are just too stupid for trading..
    I never understood these people. If somebody tells me something that looks unbelievable to me, I try to understand what they talk about and try to find out if this would be something new that could help me. Life experiences showed me that there are always new things you can learn and that what today is working best, can stop working or can be improved tomorrow. Knowledge is a continually changing, dynamical thing. There is no endpoint in knowledge. But many people stay blocked somewhere on the road to perfect or maximal knowledge. There is proof of this on ET every day over and and over again.

Drawdowns depend on the quality of your system and also on the leverage used. It can be optimized.

About machine learning. I will try to solve the problem when it occurs. I worked with AI software already 2 decades ago. It already existed at that time, and was already used for certain medical applications. So it was a good decision not to worry about AI till today and try to make profits for over 2 decades instead of panicking and stop trading then. I would have missed a lot of things that I would have regretted.

#33     May 21, 2018
    Simples and helpme_please like this.
  4. truetype

truetype

Why do you care? Rentech has many investable products, Medallion not among them. If you truly have money to put to work, you're looking in the wrong place.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    #34     May 25, 2018
  5. schweiz

schweiz

Maybe he just needs them to see if he is beating them or not. :D

#35     May 25, 2018
  6. Millionaire

Millionaire

Jesse Livermore, in his depression era book, retold the story of The penniless tramp.
    His hunger gave him the audacity to enter a restaurant and order "a big, luscious, thick, juicy steak" and, he added to the coloured waiter "tell your boss to make it snappy". In a moment the waiter ambled back and whined "De boss say if he had dat steak here he'd eat it hisself"

#36     Aug 20, 2018
  7. destriero

destriero

It was 5 and 44.

#37     Aug 20, 2018
    Nighthawk and trader99 like this.
  8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk

As far as I know the fee structure is 5/44....

#38     Jan 7, 2019
  9. timlee13

timlee13

wrong, idts. positive negative percentx, musclx doens't matter, no such thing as interesx or should or know or failx or not not, cepu,mickeyetc,scat., say,think, can say , think , do any no matter what and any be perfect.

#39     May 1, 2019