Latest Poll Out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bachmann offered at 7 on Intrade. Pricing in no chance of her being nominated.

3. Max E.

Max E.

She has consistently been around 5-10% on Intrade, she has no chance, me and you have been saying that from the beginning. I said this already on another thread though, she will serve a very useful purpose. The left wing media will be fumbling all over themselves throughout the primaries trying to stick it to Bachmann, because they hate conservative women, and i really think that will allow Perry, and Romney to get through the primaries relatively unscathed, which will be a huge bonus to both of them, and will greatly increase the chance of getting rid of Obama.

Bachmann is basically acting as a Flak Jacket for Romney and Perry right now, and absorbing all of the shrapnel the left wing has until after the Primaries are over. I only hope now that these guys keep the race relatively clean and keep what they say focused where it should be on Obama, and the terrible economy he is now responsible for.

4. Pretty crazy how far ahead and quickly Perry jumped ahead. Will be interesting to see how it pans out over time.

But it does explain this:

Chris Matthews: News Organizations Are 'Going to Spend Every Nickel They Have' Investigating Rick Perry
    By Noel Sheppard | August 15, 2011 | 20:20

MSNBC's Chris Matthews is clearly afraid of Texas governor Rick Perry beating Barack Obama if he becomes the Republican presidential nominee.

On Monday's "Hardball," the host asked the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson, "Do you think the nation's newspapers and the big news organizations are now going to spend every nickel they have sending young people out there to go investigate this guy?" (video follows with transcript and commentary):
    Wouldn't it have been nice if Matthews, Robinson, and the rest of their colleagues behaved this way in 2007 and 2008? Maybe if they had, we'd have someone qualified in the White House now.

Instead, having completely abdicated their journalistic responsibilities in order to assist the inexperienced junior senator from Illinois attain the highest office in the land, media members are now going to bring all forces to bear to discredit any serious challengers to ensure his reelection.

This comes days after Matthews was jubilant at the thought of eleven of his twelve regulars on the syndicated program bearing his name claiming it's going to be easier for the Obama campaign to attack Perry than Romney.

With all the time, energy, and money the press are - in Matthews and Robinson's view - willing to spend on investigating the Texas governor, it's a metaphysical certitude the White House will have plenty of ammunition to place in negative ads regardless of veracity or accuracy.

Makes you seriously worry about the future of this nation witnessing such an unholy collusion between the media and our most powerful elected official.

5. Now through in Rubio as the VP...

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

None of these liberals on this forum actually trade so the idea of a market confuses them. They respond and say things purely on emotion. If they actually believed the shit that came out of their mouth they would be lifting those offers in size.

7. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, i wish i would have been hitting the bids on Sarah Palin on Intrade back when Range Rover was convinced she was running.

Have you actually used that site before? Im thinking about just throwing down a couple thousand on there. Seems like there is alot of decent opportunities on there, Like Obamas bump after we caught Bin Laden, that was the ultimate reversion trade, or Sarah Palin running when she was at 75%. I just dont feel like putting much effort into it, for not much money, though i guess its similar to sports gambling.

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I haven't used it yet but I imagine there are some great fade trades on there after big news items come out.

9. pspr

pspr

Oh no. Is Matthews having another shiver run up his leg? Maybe he will ejaculate all over the MSNBC news crew. :D

10. Betting on the presidential election? Sounds like fun!

#10     Aug 16, 2011