Latest options "bible" with "weeklies"?

Discussion in 'Options' started by turkeyneck, Jul 13, 2021.

1. What's the latest options "bible" with coverage on weeklies, especially on the write side? McMillan's "Options as Strategic Investment" latest edition was written in 2012 and doesn't cover this topic.

2. Sig

Sig

We've always had weeklies, you just bought the options a week before they expired.

VPhantom likes this.
  3. taowave

taowave

You have never traded an option with 7 DTE?

4. No but I want to hear what a master pro has to say on this topic.

5. traider

traider

There is nothing special about weeklies, you have to be strategic about how you trade them.

TrailerParkTed likes this.
  6. taowave

taowave

Look at "optionstrat" and simulate the weekly strategies.....its very easy and i think you will get alot out of it.. the free version wont give you the greeks.(14 bucks per will)

https://optionstrat.com/

7. traider

traider

Do you find the flow summary useful? That seems to be the feature that will make me subscribe.

8. taowave

taowave

i literally came across it 2 days ago so i havent tried the paid version...
    I was hoping it would let me plug in my own vol skew,but it wont..if i do sign up,ill get back to you:)

9. In the end, it’s your strategies. Work on them. Weeklies would not make any effect on options or your investments.

TrailerParkTed likes this.
  10. .sigma

.sigma

Dudes looking for an option book that talks extensively on weeklies. Russell Rhoads has a book dedicated to the subject I believe, so does Jeff Augen, look em up.

#10     Jul 16, 2021