Latest Obama Outrage: Vets Forced To Use Private Health Insurance For Injuries

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 17, 2009.

1. I would tend to agree.

If you actually know who 4-star General ( and former Army Chief of Staff ) Eric Shinseki is, you would know that he would be the LAST guy on God's green Earth to short-change the Vets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Shinseki#Secretary_of_Veterans_Affairs

#11     Mar 18, 2009
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Well, the story must be "some kind of strange" for NBC to run on the nightly news. Wait until this gets legs. Obama either hates the military or he is getting some terrible advise. The only other option is, he is really that stupid.

#12     Mar 19, 2009
  3. It's not happening.
    The "proposal" was dropped last Thursday.
    And for what it's worth, the Obama Administration's budget increases overall spending for Vets by 11%.

#13     Mar 23, 2009
  4. Obama is a fucking idiot. I can't stand that dumb fuck. And making vets pay for private insurance is down right shameful. What is this county coming to? very sad.

#14     Mar 24, 2009
  5. There's no there.

Veterans injured or disabled in combat or service or any onther VA related action will have their medical care PAID FOR 100% by the Veteran Administration.

The original article in this thread was so totally misleading and poorly written as to be vastly misleading at best and almost criminal at worse..

Thus I will not waste my time trying to explain the area in which the first article was so misleading as there are maybe two others in this thread who have the mental alacrity to appreciate the explanation.

#15     Mar 24, 2009
  6. The article sucked and I thought your comments earlier were on target but turns out the article was pretty accurate in scope. Yes the VA intended to stop reimbursement to private carriers on pre-conditions and yes the administration had to be shamed into reversing course. There was a better article Doc than this, last week in IBD.

Any my Dad was a Purple Heart wounded in France who also had Blue-Cross as an insurer when he entered private life. So not every wounded vet relies solely on the G for health benis.....

#16     Mar 24, 2009
  7. 4XQs

4XQs

Notice that AAA's initial article isn't written by a JOURNALIST at all, it's a story from PR Newswire. No doubt paid by the Karl Rove worshipping minions of the dark hallways of the Republican party.

It's all lies.

Next.

#17     Mar 24, 2009

8. ALL LIES? Where the hell were you?

#18     Mar 24, 2009
  9. question please P:

...since your Dad, bless his Purple Heart has a 3rd party private payer insurance obtained after which his active duty service was over. How often does he use his VA health service group in lew of his private payer pay group willing to provide service for the claim?

#19     Mar 24, 2009
  10. I don't think ever. He's been on medicare for nearly two decades now-the dude is almost 85, lol-His war wounds never came into play again and except for picking up some cheap meds a few times at the VA I can't remember him ever using the VA. He had a knee replacement years ago-he was in the 101st and his knees were shot from jumping yet he didn't do the procedure at the VA and I doubt his carrier even thought to seek reimbursement for something that was clearly service related.

I'm sure you know WAY more vets than I do so maybe you can answer this: My dad is pretty talkative about basic training and jump school but VERY close mouthed about the war itself. As close as I am to him I know little about his experiences. I think it was a hard go for many. Let me put it this way-after graduating college on the G.I. Bill he could have gone back in when Korea started as an officer only to turn it down to become a low paid cop. I think he'd had enough warring for one lifetime........

#20     Mar 24, 2009