Latest IQFeed under Linux (WINE)

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by clearinghouse, Feb 24, 2012.

1. 4.7.2.2 worked fine for me, but the latest version chokes on the VC 2010 Redistributable installation. Does anyone have a work around for this problem?

I use IQFeed mostly under Linux, but have been forced to cross-compile for Windows lately and do not wish to do this anymore.

2. I figured it out.

You need to use winetricks to install msxml3, then install the VC++ 2010 redistributable, and -then- you install IQFeed. Then it at least runs; I have no idea how well it runs yet, however.

3. It runs just like on Windows 7 -- crashes the first time around and is flaky, but the second time around, it seems stable and continues to run properly.

4. I've been running 4.7.2.0 on Wine 1.0 for the better part of a year. No stability issues.

5. I wish I still had the old version. I'm looking through old hard drives trying to find it. The new version I have is crashing everytime I disconnect a client from it. And it isn't just some Linux thing, the same behavior is happening in Windows.

EDIT: Found it. Old version is working fine.

6. Interestingly enough, I was seeing the crash after each disconnect with the version of IQFeed I'm using and newer Wine versions. Strange stuff.

7. I've discovered a fix for this, thanks to this thread: http://forums.dtniq.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=3088

Just do what Steve says and leave something connected to the L1 port indefinitely. I do this by leaving "nc 127.0.0.1 5009 > /dev/null" running somewhere on my system, and problem fixed (netcat must be installed for that to work). Happily running 4.8.1.7 now.