Latest Broker Ratings...Is A Joke

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FattBurger, Feb 9, 2010.

1. LeeD

LeeD

I would use a different word than "rigged" but, in essence, I agree with the point. One or 2 dedicated posters can skew the rating either direction pretty heavily. The important thing is all the "negative" reviews are still there. So, it's up to a trader to make up their mind regarding which reviews provide added value and which do not. For instance, I usually just ignore revews that say "everything is tip-top" or "lots of features in the platform" and don't mention any problems or downside.

#21     Feb 10, 2010
  2. cstfx

cstfx

Let me ask you a question then:

When you post a review, is it your intention to share what you like/don't like about the broker for others to read, or by posting a negative review you hope to influence the overall score for this broker and are now pissed that your vote has been marginalized by the "swarm of positive comments"? It seems the latter, which makes your review rather disingenuous.

#22     Feb 10, 2010
  3. I don't post reviews, its a waste of my time. And for your information I use Interactive Brokers. They are not perfect but I know of no broker who is.

The point is it's so fake. Every negative review is met with new and glowing reviews within 24 hours....FAKE FAKE FAKE

#23     Feb 10, 2010
  4. You don't post reviews and you ALREADY have a broker who you are happy with. So, why are you getting so emotional? :)

Also why are you checking the reviews every 24 hrs, LoL :D

#24     Feb 10, 2010
  5. I don't see happy anywere in my reply. Your like a little girl running around the school yard telling lies, trying to get some attention.

Make an appointment to see a physiatrist and get some help. And stop sending me PMs

#25     Feb 11, 2010
  6. Still very emotional I see :)

I sent you 1 PM a month ago saying later man after you stomped your tiny feet and told the world that ET is a site for "loosers". You wrote back that I was a little girl.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2705203#post2705203

Maybe YOU should stop getting overly emotional about all these topics? Or, if you say you are going to leave, then just leave :)

#26     Feb 11, 2010
  7. joe4422

joe4422

I think alot of the IB bashing comes from the smaller futures brokers who want to convince people to use them. If newer traders find out they can trade for the same commission and get better fills, then they'll be out of business.

I never have a problem getting filled, and I never have strange occurunces like you get with the smaller futures brokers. For some reason, many believe that the futures brokers are all legit and above board, but that is absoluetly not true.

I started a thread before about futures brokers taking the other side of the trade against you, and was called crazy, so I asked some of the brokers who advertise to say that it wasn't true. Never got one response. They may be obligated to put your trades through the exchange, but that doesn't mean they do.

IB is professional, they have a very big name to protect. They're not going to steal money from anyone, and risking losing their clients.

Plus, their live chat is great if you ever have a problem.

#27     Feb 11, 2010
  8. JPope

JPope

How would these brokers generate customer statements through their FCM's for trades that never went to the exchange. Do they try to pull it off with cash settles/credits somehow? Without proof or evidence, it seems like a pretty ballsy accusation.

#28     Feb 11, 2010
  9. Looks like they cleaned up the IB poll.

#29     Feb 12, 2010
  10. Would be nice if ET allowed only ONE TOTAL broker review per IP address.

#30     Feb 13, 2010