latest beheading :-/

Discussion in 'Politics' started by THE MAN, May 11, 2004.

1. Cutten

Cutten

Yeah right, as if anyone would defend this.

#11     May 11, 2004
  2. Give me a break... no-one is going to defend them just as no-one is going to defend the tortures committed by American Freedom Fighters (for oil). Oops... sorry, there was already a thread on ET defending them... so much about hypocrisy of not so liberal ET posters...

#12     May 11, 2004
  3. I've seen a lot worse from the idiot left freaks and geeks on this board. So it's only a matter of time.

#13     May 11, 2004
  4. i am not defending this just setting you strait :-/

#14     May 11, 2004
  5. Though the reference was sly and indirect, I believe we have a winner. Kudos, electron!

#15     May 11, 2004
  6. Isn't the IRAQ WAR Grand???

:(

Too bad Dubya never listened to his father's NSA, Brent Scowcroft.

#16     May 11, 2004
  7. This is probably as close to an attack as we'll get from liberals on this subject. Nice job! You've upped the ante slightly for the other liberals now.

#17     May 11, 2004
  8. Cutten

Cutten

I find that hard to believe. Do you have any examples?

#18     May 11, 2004
  9. "Berg had been missing for several weeks. He was last heard from on April 9 when he telephoned his parents. He said he was trying to find a safe way home after trying to find work as an independent communications contractor. "

#19     May 11, 2004
  10. I feel sorry for his family. However, of course the United States isn't going to negotiate with his captors. We don't negotiate because if we did, then it would instantly create more of this exact same thing.

On a lighter note, although beheading sounds like a horrible way to go, on the big scale of ways to die, it probably isn't all that bad. Once the knife slices through the Carotid Artery, he probably slipped into unconsciousness rather quickly. This is in sharp contrast to burning at the cross like Joan of Arc endured.

The important thing is that he's now dead and is no longer suffering. The family will be suffering for magnitudes of time longer than he did.

Oh well -- sooner or later I'm sure we might get around to finding one of his captors. The funny thing is -- this American had a name and was known, while his captors are nothing but a bunch of nameless cowards who will just keel over and die someday without much fanfare.

I want to feel angry but than I stop and realize that is exactly how they want me to feel. However, what would I be angry over? This kind of thing is going to happen occasionally but we're still going to get what we came for and, by and large, most Americans will continue to live the good life thanks to the sacrifices made by this man and our troops.

I think I'll toast to him this weekend.

#20     May 11, 2004